• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next Warne?

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
I once scored a 50, all boundaries (that was the only way you could score) in the gruelling courtyard of some Auburn apartment blocks. I was touted to be the next Michael Atherton with a dash of Brian Lara.

Also, when I was India about 3 months ago, my cousing and his friends played cricket, I think one of those guys was touted to be a combination of Warne/Murali/Mendis with the stamina of Kumble, unfortunately, the BBCI do not recognize under-arm finger flicks from 20 feet. A career that ended before it started.

inbox24

International Debutant
I once scored a 50, all boundaries (that was the only way you could score) in the gruelling courtyard of some Auburn apartment blocks. I was touted to be the next Michael Atherton with a dash of Brian Lara..
Was this in the suburb of Auburn in Sydney?

pup11

International Coach
Cameron Boyce was being tipped as one to watch out for by some Aussie posters in the Aussies domestic thread, what kind of a bowler is he, has anybody watched him bowl?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The thing about this is, this wasn't a junior carnival, this is a 5th grade game, and there are probably people more than double his age.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha, when I read 19 wickets I thought it would be in the one game.

The carnage started on Saturday when he took 7-72 in Manly's fifth-grade win over Penrith. The youngster then returned the following day for Manly-Warringah's under-15 representative side and claimed 12-25 against a bamboozled Bankstown.
Still a good effort.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
The thing about this is, this wasn't a junior carnival, this is a 5th grade game, and there are probably people more than double his age.
I know 14 / 15 year olds who play 3rd grade. You don't have to be incredibly freakish to play 5th grade cricket at 14 or 15 although you do definitely have to be pretty decent.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
You have to be fairly good to play any grade cricket for a decent Sydney metropolitan club.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Next year even SA will have a better spinner than Aus...:laugh:
Are you not sure that they already have one?...I mean Paul Harris is, being the average bowler that he's, a far better bowler than say a Krejza (and definitely White, come on even Sachin Tendulkar has a great case of being considered a better spin bowler than White)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think what itduzzMk2 means is "South Africa may have a good spinner who can be effective in all conditions, while Australia remain having a spinner who can't have success under any circumstances".

Though don't write-off Bryce McGain. I highly doubt he's as good as Imran Tahir but you never know, he might prove a useful Test bowler for a year or two. Or he might be the next Bob Holland.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I heard that a young 14 year-old called Javed Badyari took 19 wickets over the weekend.
Do you think he's gonna ****ing gun it? Or do you think he'll flop?
What do you think of him?
Sorry, missed the story in the national papers and the bit on Sports Tonight...

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Hey, I used to live in Auburn, Dartbrook road to exact on the long street with the maccas at the end.

Isn't Auburn central the shopping centre?
My mate lives there. Depending on how long ago you were there, it might of been a shopping centre. Now its a series of apartment buildings, shops and business buildings, there was a nice little courtyard in which we played a game of cricket were past the bowler (who had a 2 step run up) was a four and to the left and right were 4s too. It was a cold day I remember and the tennis ball hurt when it hurt the body. I made a dogged 50 not out, a real grinding innings, Atherton like. Unfortunately, Australia's batting is not the weakness ATM.

Although I could qualify to take over Ganguly or Darvid's position via Indian parents.

pskov

International 12th Man
I clean bowled the batsman with a perfect yorker in my first ever match for the school and I'm not the next Curtly Ambrose. I spent the rest of the match bowling down legside consistently to the extent that I had to resort to almost no-balling by delivering so wide of the crease to get it straight.

I am Steve Harmison though.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I took 5 wickets for 1 run in 5 overs bowling legspin in the Lord's Taverners cup when I was 15..

A year later I was bowling wayward medium pace and wasn't even in the same team..

Hope this kid does better