• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in West Indies

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Sri Lanka v West Indies in West Indies

WI lose the first match by virtue of brilliant bowling by Vaas and Nissanka. Dillon bowled well also. Lara last man standing......again, great innings considering the circumstances.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
For a few fleeting moments, I thought Lara was capable of anything.

He is a master.

Vaas continues his meteoric rise. The guy is truly a world class swing bowler.

Andre

International Regular
Well, Murali continues on his merry way too.

I'm not sure hwy the Windies persist with Bernard - they looked a better unit with Banks and/or Hurley.

Langeveldt

Soutie
After seven straight one day internationals, three of them being pointless, and not to mention a quick five test series, one would have thought that the West Indies would be a bit tired. Unfortunatly nobody at the ICC seems to care...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Andre said:
I'm not sure hwy the Windies persist with Bernard - they looked a better unit with Banks and/or Hurley.
They probably consider him a good luck charm of sorts.

V Reddy

International Debutant
The windies consistently pick Powell and Powell in return consistently fails :D . When will they drop him? A score in the region of 30 seems to be a good score for him.

Mr Mxyzptlk

vishnureddy said:
The windies consistently pick Powell and Powell in return consistently fails :D . When will they drop him? A score in the region of 30 seems to be a good score for him.
What are you talking about?? 75% of the time Powell comes out in the last 12-10 overs. 30 runs is a good score when you come in that late and his SR is up around 100! He does well at his role. If he batted higher up the order, I would agree with you.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I find this series to be very interesting.

Sri Lanka who were very poor in the Bank Alfalah Cup come to the West Indies, marginally beat a West Indies Invitational team and then play superbly in 2 matches against the West Indies who had just come off 3 good wins over Australia.

Maybe the Windies are struggling to motivate themselves after such a high adrenaline series with Australia.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Maybe the Windies are tired. Vasbert Drakes certainly seemed tired in his horrible late spell on Sunday. However, he has had more rest than most recently. That said, he is older than most...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Collymore looked quite impressive in his opening spell today.

I know he hasn't got the zip since his injury a few years ago, but surely he would be a reasonable option in the test side? After all, he does move the ball.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
The guy who has really impressed me so far today is young Jerome Taylor.

18 years old, brisk (88mph top speed) and very accurate indeed.

What a find this lad might prove to be. He needs to do some serious run-up practice, though. He's lost his stride about 5 times so far, but BOY! What a prospect.

Any of our West Indian contingent know much about him?

Mr Mxyzptlk

luckyeddie said:
Collymore looked quite impressive in his opening spell today.

I know he hasn't got the zip since his injury a few years ago, but surely he would be a reasonable option in the test side? After all, he does move the ball.
I have been saying this for ages now. Collymore is a very good bowler and surely won't be ignored for the Sri Lanka tests, with Dillon out and all.

Re:Taylor, he simply destroyed the Trinidad and Tobago batting lineup in the Carib Cup this year. 'Nuff said.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
R_Powell_fan said:
I haven't seen Luckyeddie get so excited about a youngster........... so this guy must really be good ! :wow: :wow:
Don't trust my judgement. I talk rubbish most of the time.