• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dravids form last 2 years

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The trouble is, Dravid has regularly gotten himself out through these last 2 years. Sure, he's had some series' of really good bowling (in SA and England particularly) but he's also failed to cash-in the way you'd expect him to have done.

I don't think he's particularly looked any better - any more like a big score is just around the corner - this series than he has for this whole period in question.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Dravid needs a break. Either he steps down or the selectors relieve him. For his own good. It's not a pleasant sight to see him struggling like this, especially when his career average has been crunched so heavily. I know the replacement batsman will have to fill in big shoes, but they're not getting much from Dravid, and a change would help both Dravid and the team.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
I've been wondering myself what happened to Dravid. I suppose if Ganguly, Sehwag and Tendulkar can resurrect their careers Dravid can do the same.

Precambrian

Banned
I've been wondering myself what happened to Dravid. I suppose if Ganguly, Sehwag and Tendulkar can resurrect their careers Dravid can do the same.
Dravid's gone on like this for 2 years now, without even an indication of a change in fortunes. Revival of a career at this stage looks remte, if not mipossible.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Dravid needs a break. Either he steps down or the selectors relieve him. For his own good. It's not a pleasant sight to see him struggling like this, especially when his career average has been crunched so heavily. I know the replacement batsman will have to fill in big shoes, but they're not getting much from Dravid, and a change would help both Dravid and the team.
He's too old to have a break.

Break = retirement.

ret

International Debutant
the last two years have been a sad journey for Dravid: from someone who deserved the test spot the most amongst the batsmen to the least now

after the series in SA, i thought it was time for him to introspect and weigh his options for future .... he needs to assess whether he is still the best one for the #3 spot or whether he wants to drop down to #6 and see if his fortune changes or go out in style like his former captain Ganguly

it's decision time for Dravid

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
the last two years have been a sad journey for Dravid: from someone who deserved the test spot the most amongst the batsmen to the least now

after the series in SA, i thought it was time for him to introspect and weigh his options for future .... he needs to assess whether he is still the best one for the #3 spot or whether he wants to drop down to #6 and see if his fortune changes or go out in style like his former captain Ganguly

it's decision time for Dravid
I guess he can try out batting at 5 in the next test.. Laxman at 3 might mix things up nicely..

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I guess he can try out batting at 5 in the next test.. Laxman at 3 might mix things up nicely..
SUrprises me that India haven't at least tried something along these lines.....because Dravid has had two years of underperformance at no.3 now.

Now saying a move will result in him getting in the groove but surely it was something worth trying......

In any case, I get the feeling his retirement is not far off now....I'd be surprised if he played beyond the tests against England.

Precambrian

Banned
SUrprises me that India haven't at least tried something along these lines.....because Dravid has had two years of underperformance at no.3 now.

Now saying a move will result in him getting in the groove but surely it was something worth trying......

In any case, I get the feeling his retirement is not far off now....I'd be surprised if he played beyond the tests against England.
If he fails one more time at Nagpur, it will be goodbye Dravid.

masterblaster

International Captain
If he fails one more time at Nagpur, it will be goodbye Dravid.
Rahul Dravid like Anil Kumble and Sourav Ganguly is an absolute champion. Dravid, like Kumble and Ganguly deserves to go out on his own terms and not be forced into retirement. Enjoy Dravid while we have him in our side, because we won't produce a tougher, more technically correct and respected batsman than him. He's looked good in patches and still moves well in the field. I'm sure the runs will come and I'm sure he'll look to leave the game on a high note.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm disappointed enough that Ganguly and Kumble are leaving before the series against England - please not Dravid as well! :mellow:

masterblaster

International Captain
I'm disappointed enough that Ganguly and Kumble are leaving before the series against England - please not Dravid as well! :mellow:
Would've been great if Ganguly and Dravid would've retired after the England series. Would've seen their respective test careers come full circle. However, I do believe that Ganguly has picked the right time to leave cricket. Hopefully he makes a big innings at Nagpur and goes out on a high note.

Precambrian

Banned
Rahul Dravid like Anil Kumble and Sourav Ganguly is an absolute champion. Dravid, like Kumble and Ganguly deserves to go out on his own terms and not be forced into retirement. Enjoy Dravid while we have him in our side, because we won't produce a tougher, more technically correct and respected batsman than him. He's looked good in patches and still moves well in the field. I'm sure the runs will come and I'm sure he'll look to leave the game on a high note.
No doubt he is a champion. However he's been given enough chances to prove himself. 20 tests is no small thing, and if he doesnt perform still, he will be announcing his retirement.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think I'm just in denial about Dravid's poor batting now. Every innings I say he'll score and come back, but its not happening :(

Prove me wrong Rahul, you've been too good to go out like this.

Precambrian

Banned
The thing is he plays into a shell everytime he is under pressure. As someone said, the number of runs scored by him behind the square is more. A clear indication of someone not in form at all. Unless Dravid discards Rahul pre-99, he cannot think of contributing substantially.

There is hardly much more indulging in test cricket as Dravid in full flow. His cover-drives have been as good as any. Maybe he can drop himself down the order and come in when the lesser bowlers are in action, or the ball is old.