• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bath Festival

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was pleased to see Kevin Shine on the official site not making any poor excuses for the dismal collapse of our batting on day 2. If Worcesershire can get over 500, we really should have been looking at something near ourselves especially when the team was deliberately selected with a stronger leaning towards batting.

However, credit where credit's due, he admitted we were rubbish (might not have said that on the official site but he would have meant it...) and that a 100% improvement is needed today if the rain calms down.

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Interviews

I wanted to ask members who use this site who they would like to see interviews from on this site and then I will do my level best to get them for you.

I have several possibilities at present that might be of interest. Nigel Popplewell who played when Somerset were last great with Botham/Garner and Viv and ex-Somerset and England skipper Brian Rose.

Let me know which Somerset interviews appeal although i apologise now if you're after regualr updates from Marcus trescothick as the club forbids contributions to unofficials sites from current somerset players/management. Frustrating I know as I would be able to ask the questions fans want answered but my hands are tied for now....

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It sounds to me as though the management of Somerset CCC are going to figure quite highly in a forthcoming Devil Ducky interview with Marcus Trescothick and the kiwi with the FA Cup ears.

What a stupid attitude.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
And then the interview printed off, photocopied 15,000 times before being dropped from the air over Taunton in a microlight?