• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current pecking order?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it was slightly worrying to hear that the victorian bowlers reverted to bowling shorter stuff than usual, albeit at the G.

It's more likely Hilfenhaus will IMO. Even when Siddle was supposedly bowling **** in the Ashes at home he was still by far our best bowler (Harris aside who only played one match) and actually took wickets throughout the series; we just had absolutely nothing beyond him so he needed to be on the whole time

well he was typical old siddle in that series eg two six wicket hauls and 5 innings of crap, so 'throughout' is slightly wrong. iirc siddle took one wicket outside the 2 six wicket hauls and mj ended up taking more wickets in the series (or fall short by a wicket).

wouldn't surprise me if haze played a test before cummins played another one. that's not to say haze is closer right now, but i dunno know, cummins has been ****ting me lately and if haze fires and cummins duds it up in the upcoming FC matches.....god this is a paragraph totally based on cummins being really inconsistent in t20 cricket lately. jesus christ man. (and yeah a couple of good matches sees haze leapfrog many and get to the fringes.suck it)

Last edited:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Pattinson
2. Hilfenhaus
3. Siddle
4. Harris
5. Cummins
6. McDermott
7. Starc
8. Hazlewood
9. Bird
10. Johnson

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My preferred:

1. Siddle
2. Harris
3. Hilfenhaus
4. Pattinson
5. Starc
6. Cummins
7. Bird
8. McDermott
9. Hazelwood
10. NCN/Bollinger

Johnson can **** off.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
My personal pecking order:

1. Siddle
2. Hilfenhaus
3. Pattinson
4. Starc
5. Harris
6. Bolinger
7. Counter-Nile
8. Hazelwood
9. Cummins
10. Hastings

uvelocity

International Coach
harris was excellent, but I reckon he's gawn

1.Siddle
2.Pattinson
3.Starc
4.Hilf (will play more than the young guys and bowl well, but a support act from here)
5.Cummins
6.Bird
7.Hazlewood
8.McDermott
the rest

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Four or five years ago I had Siddle down at 10, geez.

my top 12
1. Peter Siddle
2. James Pattinson
3. Ben Hilfenhaus
4. Ryan Harris
5. Mitchell Starc
6. Patrick Cummins
7. Shane Watson
8. Doug Bollinger
9. John Hastings
10. Josh Hazlewood
11. Nathan Coulter-Nile
12. Ben Cutting

The last three spots probably don't exactly deserve a spot if you go solely by averages compared to say the Tassie duo of Bird or Butterworth, but I'm still happy enough to include them as IMO they have more to them.
On second thoughts I'm going to edit out Shane Watson as REALLY if he picked up a batting illness and could only bowl (unlikely I know) there is no way I would rate him that highly. Everyone below him to move up a spot and having a top 11 is better anyway.

FBU

International Debutant
Harris
Hilfenhaus
Siddle
Pattinson
Cummins
Starc
Johnson
Coulter-Nile
Hazlewood

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
2012 really was peak Siddle.

Update:
Cummins
Starc
Hazlewood
Pattinson
Neser
JRichardson
Siddle
Bird
Meredith
Abbott

I know Sayers has done more compared to the last two. The pitch would have to be very specific though for me to consider the Chadd.

Matt Kelly is probably the one bowler who could move up if this was done in a year or two.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The selectors would want Jhye Richardson to be 100% fit, he is bowling the ball back from the outfield and theyd want him getting more match fit via the BBL

Siddle is a professional and was an easier squad selection for his home Test. Peter is past his prime (test hattrick, 200+ wickets, twin 50s etc) Jhye is the future.

ataraxia

International Coach
Cummins
Starc
Siddle
Pattinson
Neser
Richardson
Bird
Wade

Spinners:

Lyon
Labuschagne
Smith
Head

The most controversial selection here will probably be Neser.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Harry "I love VB" Conway to oust all the rest of these plebs by the end of the summer.