• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

stanford millions revenue?

Mard

Banned
Ok I can see how IPL and ICL are making money because there are so many viewers of it in India, but how stanford millions make any money????

pup11

International Coach
Ok I can see how IPL and ICL are making money because there are so many viewers of it in India, but how stanford millions make any money????
Yeah i raised this question too in the official Stanford thread, but its pretty clear that Stanford is doing this just as an effort to help WICB and revive interest for the game in the Caribbean once again without expecting any realistic financial profit in return, but i am not sure this is the best way too go about it though.

P.S: Not too sure ICL is making too much money though....:unsure:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
He has also been on record saying that T20 can become the biggest team sport in the world and can break the US market.

Despite assuming there is an element of exaggeration there, there is logic that by investing early then he is putting himself in a massive position of strength when the market explodes.

This common sense perspective is in addition to his philanthropic (sp?) efforts.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If he doesn't expect to make a profit from it, he's simply spending money because he's got too much of it.