• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I hope Masca-****ing-renhas never returns to Otago - while there may have been a hint of team tactics about their decision to see out the spinners, his approach was utterly ridiculous. It essentially got down to the point where either he won the game for us or we didn't win at all (although Ian Butler to his credit almost changed that). Incredibly selfish.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
I hope Masca-****ing-renhas never returns to Otago - while there may have been a hint of team tactics about their decision to see out the spinners, his approach was utterly ridiculous. It essentially got down to the point where either he won the game for us or we didn't win at all .Incredibly selfish.
Agreed. That was quite strange.

on another point, I thought Williamson looked pretty talented with the bat, and a handy spin bowler.Patel might be in trouble in a few years. A batsman that can bowl decent spin will help a lot with the balance of the side. Watling was OK without looking great. Wagner was good. A few prospects there.

Can't believe Flynn was left out of the side. Thats complete rubbish. Surely Parlane should have made way for him. Parlane is just a journeyman domestic batsman and Flynn is an international with a good test record. Strange decision.

Athlai

Not Terrible
:laugh:

NK in trouble. Awesome

Both Marshall's gone by the 2nd over.

Meanwhile Otago off to a flyer 60/1 off 5.

thierry henry

International Coach
Any possibility that Butler could end up > the likes of Diamanti/Thompson as an ODI bowling all-rounder?

I've heard a lot about how apparently he can only bowl dibbly-dobbly medium pacers now and he can only bowl a few overs at a time before his body caves in, and that this will always be the case and hence he has concentrated on his batting.

tbh I was surprised to see that he actually still has pretty much the same run-up and action, the 'keeper is still back, and he is still solidly in the medium-fast category.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Any possibility that Butler could end up > the likes of Diamanti/Thompson as an ODI bowling all-rounder?

I've heard a lot about how apparently he can only bowl dibbly-dobbly medium pacers now and he can only bowl a few overs at a time before his body caves in, and that this will always be the case and hence he has concentrated on his batting.

tbh I was surprised to see that he actually still has pretty much the same run-up and action, the 'keeper is still back, and he is still solidly in the medium-fast category.
Is currently leading the countries biggest hitter tournament.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
i thought because bond and harris signed with IPL too late hence cannot play? i heard something like that on radiosport.

Money worth it at University oval, Nathan Mc doing the job.

Flem274*

123/5
NZC advised them not to play until they've got a reply from India on whether ICL players can help teams get to a CL spot or not.

In other words, if Bond and Harris play, and Cantebury won the domestic 20/20, they might not be allowed in the CL.