• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

Athlai

Not Terrible
Probably having a well deserved break.

Bond gets Hamish Marshall in his first over.

Sigh. Damn he's good.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Sometimes I wish Bond would get smashed for 7 runs an over.

Always makes me feel sad when he proves yet again he is miles better than everyone in New Zealand yet because of bull**** politics he can't play.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well his season started poorly but he's firmly in the groove of things now. I suppose at least it means that our domestic guys will be constantly tested against a top class bowler for years to come. Which doesn't happen all too often.

Natman20

International Debutant
hmmm. I'm pretty against players playing that probably won't play for NZ again in the domestic scene. Sure its good that people get to see Bond in action again, but really what use is he playing in domestic cricket if he doesn't play for us again and gets all the potentially good batsmen out all the time? :laugh: Same goes for Tuffey, Marshall and Harris.

Flem274*

123/5
Nah its awesome. Raises the standard.

Think about facing a full strength Wellington or Auckland bowling attack:

Mills
Martin
Adams
Tuffey
Hira

Franklin
Gillespie
O'Brien
Elliott
Patel

Or batting line ups like

How
Ingram
Patton/Hay/Weston
Sinclair
Taylor
Oram

Guptill
McIntosh
Jones
Vincent
Styris

Also Otago, Canterbury and ND have very good teams at full strength and whilst Black Caps don't always play, ICL players (because there are so many :dry:) heelp keep a good standard.

Natman20

International Debutant
There are positives in it but IMO it's costing some up and coming players who could potentially become as good as them a spot in a team.

Flem274*

123/5
Shouldn't forget Woodcock in the Wellington lineup.

Woodcock > Elliott btw
:laugh:

Woodcock is almost Wellingtons answer to Diamanti or Giles or some other boring half arsed bits and pieces allrounder. At least Elliott can bat in the top four domestically and move the ball a bit in handy conditions. Woodcock is a rubbish spinner and a rubbish batsman.

Sorry Luke.

Brodie
Bell
Fleming
Ryder
Parlane
Elliott
Franklin
Nevin
Gillespie
Patel
O'Brien

Bye Luke.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Sinclair 87* (101)

Back to domestic cricket, back to scoring big. *sigh*

Diamanti 5-0-19-2 & 25 (18)
Boult 10-0-48-3

Decent stuff from new call-ups

Anderson 71 (70)
Williamson 52* (80)

Promising indeed.

thierry henry

International Coach

Always makes me feel sad when he proves yet again he is miles better than everyone in New Zealand yet because of bull**** politics he can't play.
Bond has never proved he is "miles better than everyone" in NZ domestic cricket though, certainly not this season where his performances have been mixed

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Couldn't agree more tbh, also the fact he's not injured every 2nd game makes it even more infuriating