• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

Athlai

Not Terrible
8-)

That's Bracewell-esque thinking. James Marshall just isn't good enough.

See also: Mathew Sinclair.

I wish there was a way to put all posts containing cricket related topics in association with "Marshall" and one of "James", "Hamish" or "Xavier" on ignore. It would preserve my sanity.
Na difference with me and Bracewell is I never want him to actually stay in the team. Just think he's a player on the domestic scene that could play the one match and be fine with it without damaging any future (no future) international potential. I like the Marshall brothers work ethic, and I think they're both talented fielders and at turning the strike. Are they good enough to play international cricket? No.

(Maybe Hamish could've been but he's broken and can't be fixed)

Though TBH I had forgotten 2m Peter who I would instantly place in the side.

On another note: Sinclair has a blog for CW now Heath. :cool:

Flem274*

123/5
I can understand people not wanting Sinclair in the team, but Sinclair doesn't deserve to be compared to the Marshall twins. Especially James.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Are they good enough to play international cricket? No.

On another note: Sinclair has a blog for CW now Heath. :cool:
If they're not good enough long term, then why waste time on them? I've always said that either Marshall would be welcome as 12th man, but Jeets does that role well enough anyway. Neither should play international cricket for New Zealand.

And neither should Sinclair. Fair play to him for answering some questions 'an all, but I'd give him a harder time than that.

I'd also like to see whether a bit more forward thinking could be employed. How's about a blog for Jimmy Neesham - Auckland's great new all-rounder prospect - or one of the other dozens of cricketers attempting to breakthrough to Provincial level. A new story - and one that doesn't get told elsewhere.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Why in the hell would we want a "stop gap". He's never going to be good enough, so find someone else.
To cover the injuries of Oram/Styris and the shifting round the order of Flynn. But that said I forgot about Fulton. Guys like Hay I'd want in the team in years to come, right now I think we have a few too many inexperienced boys in the team.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Get out of Athlais profile Leslie.

Anyway, why do we need stop gaps? Flynn, Taylor (get some form though), Ryder I thought was a done deal for an extended run.
This is for ODI cricket Phlegm. And Taylor is currently our inform batsman. The position he'd be covering is Styris/Flynn (should be at 3 not 5) or Oram.

Athlai

Not Terrible
If they're not good enough long term, then why waste time on them? I've always said that either Marshall would be welcome as 12th man, but Jeets does that role well enough anyway. Neither should play international cricket for New Zealand.

And neither should Sinclair. Fair play to him for answering some questions 'an all, but I'd give him a harder time than that.

I'd also like to see whether a bit more forward thinking could be employed. How's about a blog for Jimmy Neesham - Auckland's great new all-rounder prospect - or one of the other dozens of cricketers attempting to breakthrough to Provincial level. A new story - and one that doesn't get told elsewhere.
Wasn't really calling for his selection, was just in a list of 5 or so possibilities I had for the spot.

Flem274*

123/5
Tbf, the new generation ND is OK. I despise the old Marshall, Hatwell, Marshall, Robinson top four though. Defines dire.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I like Southee, Williamson, Boult and Watling. Otherwise ND is sucks.
From Auckland I like Guptill and Martin (Jimmy pending)
Canterbury have Anderson, Fulton, Bond, Papps, Hiini, and I quite like the team as a whole.
CD has Hay, Oram, Patton, Worker and Bracewell.
Otago, Broom, Cumming, McCullum, Wagner, Haig, Butler

Wellington like everyone.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Flem, your eleven doesn't have enough CD in there for someone as biased as yourself. Surely you could at least find room for the captain... :p

thierry henry

International Coach
Well Williamson is obvious, he's a tiny guy.

I'd put Southee at 6'5 if I had to guess. I'm pretty sure I'm 6'3 and he's quite a lot taller than me.
Southee is not close to 6'5" imo. I wasn't even sold on 6'3". Despite that one pic he is definitely shorter than Vettori, as you often see them standing together chatting e.g. whenever Southee starts a spell.

Here's another angle on Vettori/Southee, hmmmm

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0f2rgSK3xn2v9/610x.jpg

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant

Athlai

Not Terrible
Boult gets Papps one of the best openers in NZ's domestic scene (probably better than some English ODI openers anyway). Good stuff.

Amazing how fast Southee and Boult are actually coming along. Not only did they dominate U19 level but also NZ domestic.