• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

Polo23

International Debutant
I went to Eden Park and watched Aucklands innings. Young batted absolutely superbly, a chanceless innings. Southee bowled very well upfront, got the ball swinging and nicked out Guptill and Jones, finished quite nicely also. Boult no where near as quick as I was hoping for...in his second spell McGlashan stood up to him!

Should have stayed for ND's innings...BJ is going along really well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Stags have been Massacrenhased. It was looking really good until he came in. Sinclair and Griggs in damage control at the moment but the game is gone.

Athlai

Not Terrible
James Marshall showing why I reckon we should send him to Australia. Sure he isn't good enough in the long term, but only he cares about that! Use him like the stop gap he is I say!

Man can we have Mascarenhas? It isn't like the Pom's appreciate him.

Flem274*

123/5
Diamanti = ave

You heard me Phlegm
Tbh I agree. can't believe he gets selected ahead of Robbie Schaw.

Anyway, this isn't good. At least its Otago and not ND. Plus if Leslie was on here, I'db e in tears right now.

Stags to take out the State Championship. Who cares about pyjama cricket? *snobby*

Athlai

Not Terrible
Tbh I agree. can't believe he gets selected ahead of Robbie Schaw.

Anyway, this isn't good. At least its Otago and not ND. Plus if Leslie was on here, I'db e in tears right now.

Stags to take out the State Championship. Who cares about pyjama cricket? *snobby*
pfft State is all Wellywoods

Flem274*

123/5
pfft State is all Wellywoods
Bell
Brodie
Parlane
Crook
Elliott
Franklin
Nevin
Napier
Bowden (snigger)
Woodcock
?

vs

Ingram
How
Patton
Sinclair
Weston/Worker
Bracewell
Griggs
Thompson
Schaw
Mason
McClennaghan

Not a chance for Wellington :p

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bell
Brodie
Parlane
Crook
Elliott
Franklin
Nevin
Napier
Bowden (snigger)
Woodcock
Patel clearly

vs

Ingram
How
Patton
Sinclair
Weston/Worker
Bracewell
Griggs
Thompson
Schaw
Mason
McClennaghan

Not a chance for Wellington :p
Diamanti to captain Central Dags.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Battle of the Titans

Wellington Firebirds

Bell 346 @ 86.50
Brodie 180 @ 45
Parlane 86 @ 21.50 :ph34r:
Elliott 141 @ 70.50
Franklin 448 @ 149.33 7 @ 27.85
Woodcock 272 @ 136 8 @ 31
Napier 25 @ 12.50 (but you know he's gun) 14 @ 21
Nevin 106 @ 53
Boam 45 @ 45* 3 @ 18.66
Patel 11 @ 11* 5 @ 56.60
Gillespie - @ - 8 @ 15.50

Other guns: Lamb, Bowden, Houghton, Crook

vs. Central Spazz

Ingram 448 @ 64
How MIA
Patton 413 @ 82.60 2 @ 9.50
Sinclair 416 @ 103.20 1 @ 53
Weston 153 @ 38.25
Bracewell 56 @ 14 6 @ 42.33
Griggs 213 @ 42.60
Thompson 80 @ 16 17 @ 21.82
Schaw MIA
Mason MIA
McClennaghan 13 @ 6.50 12 @ 42.83

Na Firebirds all the way

Flem274*

123/5
Coming from the guy who has one legitimate bowler in his team with an average of under 40 this season. 8-) :laugh:
Meh, we should have Mason and Schaw in, but apparently trash like Sherlock and McClennaghan are better because they can bowl fast.

Tbf to my pet hate player Diamanti, before today he was doing OK iirc.

Also yeah we aren't the best bowlers, but who is at the top of the FC comp again?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Meh, we should have Mason and Schaw in, but apparently trash like Sherlock and McClennaghan are better because they can bowl fast.

Tbf to my pet hate player Diamanti, before today he was doing OK iirc.

Also yeah we aren't the best bowlers, but who is at the top of the FC comp again?
Only cos you dominated the weaker teams and we decided to blood a brand new attack against the strongest batting lineup in the country...
Anyway...

While CW was down I made a List A domestic team

1) MHW Papps
2) BJ Watling
3) ME Parlane
4) CD Cumming
5) MS Sinclair
6) AD Mascarenhas
7) PD McGlashan
8) NL McCullum
9) GR Napier
10) SE Bond
11) JS Patel/TA Boult

Would give a few international sides a run for their money TBH.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
. Boult no where near as quick as I was hoping for...in his second spell McGlashan stood up to him!
Doesn't surprise me. One thing I neglected to mention during my report on saturday was that Boult had a Wellington gale at his back, while Southee was toiling into the wind. I would be very much surprised if, when put on an even keel, Boult was faster than Southee.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Doesn't surprise me. One thing I neglected to mention during my report on saturday was that Boult had a Wellington gale at his back, while Southee was toiling into the wind. I would be very much surprised if, when put on an even keel, Boult was faster than Southee.
What the hell made you think Boult was as quick as Southee? That's crazy talk!

Only cos you dominated the weaker teams and we decided to blood a brand new attack against the strongest batting lineup in the country...
Anyway...

While CW was down I made a List A domestic team

1) MHW Papps
2) BJ Watling
3) ME Parlane
4) CD Cumming
5) MS Sinclair
6) AD Mascarenhas
7) PD McGlashan
8) NL McCullum
9) GR Napier
10) SE Bond
11) JS Patel/TA Boult

Would give a few international sides a run for their money TBH.
No guptill?

Was bad to see the Aces get smashed today. Youngy batted really well, and it was nice to get a run in the field. :)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
James Marshall showing why I reckon we should send him to Australia. Sure he isn't good enough in the long term, but only he cares about that! Use him like the stop gap he is I say!
8-)

That's Bracewell-esque thinking. James Marshall just isn't good enough.

See also: Mathew Sinclair.

I wish there was a way to put all posts containing cricket related topics in association with "Marshall" and one of "James", "Hamish" or "Xavier" on ignore. It would preserve my sanity.