• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

Polo23

International Debutant
I find it funny how basically everyone on these forums was bagging on Young after his selection on the A tour. He seems to have silenced his critics a bit after a good showing in India and a century first up this season.

McIntosh is all class as well.
Derek DeBoorder > Young

Guptill > McIntosh

Flem274*

123/5
I find it funny how basically everyone on these forums was bagging on Young after his selection on the A tour. He seems to have silenced his critics a bit after a good showing in India and a century first up this season.

McIntosh is all class as well.
Because up until that NZ A score (in the singular form) he's been one of the crappiest keeper batsmen in the country.

McCullum>Hopkins>Van Wyk>De Boorder>Griggs semi=McGlashan>Young

Flem274*

123/5
BTW, about McIntosh: If I'm thinking of the right guy, he generally gets one big score per season and thats it. Also, he has very little technique. Basically, it would be like Matt Bell II. McIntosh from what I know would be a likely step backwards.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
BTW, about McIntosh: If I'm thinking of the right guy, he generally gets one big score per season and thats it. Also, he has very little technique. Basically, it would be like Matt Bell II. McIntosh from what I know would be a likely step backwards.
I'm fairly sure you've got the right guy. I think he scored 205 in one innings a few seasons ago and still ended up with an average of 30.

Polo23

International Debutant
I'm fairly sure you've got the right guy. I think he scored 205 in one innings a few seasons ago and still ended up with an average of 30.
Yeah, and he scored 280 odd last season..though I think he backed it up last season with a few other good scores.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Tim McIntosh scored 140 today. I have liked what this guy has been doing in the last couple of years and am hopeful of an international call-up this summer.
yeah! 12 FC centuries is no joke.... He is lot more better than what we are seeing some Blackcaps Batsman...

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Spot on Phlegm.

Polo23

International Debutant
Fightback coming from Van Wyk and 17yo Corey Anderson. Man, this kid is going to be something special if he continues the way he has been going. I'm finding it hard to believe he is still 17.

120/6

Van Wyk 27*, Anderson 23*...both going at a run a ball.

Polo23

International Debutant
DeBoorder averaging 35 in FC cricket :)

Will get a full season for Otago this season, i'm expecting big things.

Anderson top scored for Canterbury with 45 off 48 balls with 3 sixes and 3 fours. No idea why they batted him at number 8, hopefully he gets promoted as Canterbury follow on.

Polo23

International Debutant
Possibly distorted by the few first class innings he's played. Probably the reason he wasn't taken on the A tour. Although clearly the same didn't apply to Anderson and Boult.
Anderson didnt go on the A tour..though, he should have.

Yeah, he's hardly played at all, but personally having seen both play i'd rate De Boorder better.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Anderson didnt go on the A tour..though, he should have.

Yeah, he's hardly played at all, but personally having seen both play i'd rate De Boorder better.
My mistake, dunno where that came from!

Canterbury not following on? Interesting.

Polo23

International Debutant
My mistake, dunno where that came from!

Canterbury not following on? Interesting.
Yeah, strange decision for mine. Though i'm off the opinion that you always make the opposition follow on, regardless..especially in NZ where the pitches don't really break up or deteriorate a lot.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hiini doing Heath proud. 7/148 match figures.

His team unfortunately will have to fight not to lose this match.

Polo23

International Debutant
Canterbury need 405 to win...now that's a tough ask!

I would promote Anderson to number 5. Big pressure on Papps, Fulton and Myburgh to fire at the top of the order.