• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Half of Aucks seam attack is in the Black Caps and the other half is in the ICL.

Also thier batting stocks seem a little thin below first XI level (Jimmy correct me if I'm wrong :p). Though once again, tests and ICL have had an effect.
Not too bad actually. Two quality top order players in De Boorder and Raval are in the squad at the moment, but not making the 13. A former first class player in India plays for my club team and is averaging 53 with the bat this season.

Apart from those three, the talent pool isn't overflowing.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Not too bad actually. Two quality top order players in De Boorder and Patel are in the squad at the moment, but not making the 13. A former first class player in India plays for my club team and is averaging 53 with the bat this season.

Apart from those three, the talent pool isn't overflowing.
Jeet Raval?

On the topic of Canterbury, I'm confused as to why Papps isn't playing and Andrew Ellis is opening.:wacko: I thought Ellis was a 6-7. Congrats to Astle for his maiden 100.

Polo23

International Debutant
Williamson continues to do well. 67 when the next highest score was 20 in a very experienced and solid ND batting lineup. Interestingly Cameron Merchant has been dropped.

Flem274*

123/5
Williamson continues to do well. 67 when the next highest score was 20 in a very experienced and solid ND batting lineup. Interestingly Cameron Merchant has been dropped.
Good, Leslie might STFU now. "zomg, an Auzzie, we mustz pik him!"

Good on Kane Williamson, rate him highly (along with 99% of everyone else who has seen him).

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
I heard Dougie Bracewell opened the batting for CD and got a few runs?

Very interesting... He's never really been seen as an opener before.

Polo23

International Debutant
I heard Dougie Bracewell opened the batting for CD and got a few runs?

Very interesting... He's never really been seen as an opener before.
Yeah, got 50. Actually, since I called him rubbish he's been doing very well with both bat and ball :laugh:

I should call people rubbish more often.

Any chance you're going to get a crack in the T20's or State Shield games Jimmy? Or are you still quite far away from selection?

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Any chance you're going to get a crack in the T20's or State Shield games Jimmy? Or are you still quite far away from selection?
I'm not too sure to be honest. A few people I've talked to think I'm pretty close, but I can't see it happening. I don't really see Mark O'donnel as someone who would give a young guy a go unless he was the only choice.

Also a side strain has recently meant I've been playing mainly as a batsman, but a couple of tons might have made people take notice. I'm really not sure.:wacko: .