• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

Polo23

International Debutant
Think he's still a fair way down the pecking order for NZ at this stage.

Could change with a bucket of runs for ND though.
Yes, he is for sure. From memory he has only played 2 or 3 FC games. A big season would see him straight in contention though, as is the state of NZ's batting lineup. I'm looking forward to seeing ND play this season, lots of guys I like the look of - Boult, Merchant, Watling, Williamson to name a few.

Flem274*

123/5
Think he's still a fair way down the pecking order for NZ at this stage.
Could change with a bucket of runs for ND though.
And so he should be. The batting order may be all over the show atm, but showing no faith in the FC system and fast tracking in one season wonders, as Brockley has suggested, is hardly going to help matters. Especially when there are others with more runs and experience under thier belt, even though they may not be Australian.

Polo23

International Debutant
And so he should be. The batting order may be all over the show atm, but showing no faith in the FC system and fast tracking in one season wonders, as Brockley has suggested, is hardly going to help matters. Especially when there are others with more runs and experience under thier belt, even though they may not be Australian.
:huh:

No one is saying he should be fast tracked into the side.

Polo23

International Debutant
I was really reffering to Brockley's comment, and sentiments expressed by other members a wee while back. I'm just too lazy to trawl back and quote Brockley.:ph34r:
Righto.

A while back everyone got a bit excited because Manly-Warringah's (his club) coach said he would be playing for NZ within a year.

He's definitely a prospect, but untested yet. He hit like 160* off like 90 balls for his BOP club though, which I thought was impressive.

Flem274*

123/5
Righto.

A while back everyone got a bit excited because Manly-Warringah's (his club) coach said he would be playing for NZ within a year.

He's definitely a prospect, but untested yet. He hit like 160* off like 90 balls for his BOP club though, which I thought was impressive.
Coaches are like that. Loved it when they had the ND coach on the radio before the England tour and they asked him about Daniel Flynn, James Marshall, Greg hay and (I think) Martin Guptill. Flynn and Marshall were perfect and Hay and Guptill had all sorts of issues.:laugh:

Wish I could score 160*. I generally get 0 (1) or 3 (125)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Coaches are like that. Loved it when they had the ND coach on the radio before the England tour and they asked him about Daniel Flynn, James Marshall, Greg hay and (I think) Martin Guptill. Flynn and Marshall were perfect and Hay and Guptill had all sorts of issues.:laugh:
Sounds like Leslie1 stole the ND coach's phone.

Polo23

International Debutant
State Canterbury Wizards vs State Auckland Aces @ Mainpower Oval, Rangiora

10th-13th of Nov.

First FC game of the season tomorrow!

I'll take a stab at Canterburys team cause i'm struggling with Aucklands.

Toss Astle
Michael Papps
Johann Myburgh
Peter Fulton
Shanan Stewart
Corey Anderson
Kruger Van Wyk+
Brandon Hiini
Michael Davidson
Leighton Burtt
Hamish Bennett

Despite Robertson having a great record with the bat so far in FC cricket, I hope they go with Anderson.

brockley

International Captain
Cameron merchant has a kiwi mum and so can play for NZ.
The NZ herald pushes him out as 1 of 3 players to look out for/

Polo23

International Debutant
Auckland are going along pretty bloody well at lunch.

106/1

McIntosh 33*, Young 32* and Jones the only man to fall for 28 to Davidson.

By the looks of that it's a pretty decent pitch in Rangiora, nice to see so early in the season. Oh, and Anderson is playing for the Wizards :D

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
Tim McIntosh scored 140 today. I have liked what this guy has been doing in the last couple of years and am hopeful of an international call-up this summer.

Polo23

International Debutant
Tim McIntosh scored 140 today. I have liked what this guy has been doing in the last couple of years and am hopeful of an international call-up this summer.
Dunno about this season, but him having a decent season last year and scoring 140 today definitely puts pressure on Redmond to perform.

Who's this Michael Davidson bloke? Had a bloody good season last season and has started well again this season on what looks to be a complete road. Left-armer too..I reckon the selectors would be taking a look.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
I find it funny how basically everyone on these forums was bagging on Young after his selection on the A tour. He seems to have silenced his critics a bit after a good showing in India and a century first up this season.

McIntosh is all class as well.