• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Now a 9 Run Hit

biased indian

International Coach
ICL has introduced a 9 Run Hit. if a batsmen hit the ball for more than 90m he will be credited with 9 runs instead of 6 :-O :-O

thought ICC was in the forefront of introduing funny rules but for me this has to be the worst ever

didnt bother to dig up the old ICL thread may be some one can dig and merge

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I liked the ICL at the start but they're ecoming a bit farcical here. Not much more farcical than Super8/Max8 cricket though which was the most stupid thing I've ever seen.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
can make it for 105+ hits... 90+ is too little I think..

But come on, it is Twenty 20... You can introduce any rule in this...

Polo23

International Debutant
It's 20/20, it is a complete farce anyway.

They may as well come up with more of these rules, so everyone in the cricket world realises that 20/20 is just a joke.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This sort of nonsense is the big danger of 20/20 - any more rule change predictions from anyone??

I predict these two:-

1. Batting side have the choice to leave a batsman at the crease following dismissal and forfeit, say, 25 runs.

2. Abolish LBW's - the average 20/20 fan can't understand them anyway

pup11

International Coach
ICL has introduced a 9 Run Hit. if a batsmen hit the ball for more than 90m he will be credited with 9 runs instead of 6 :-O :-O

thought ICC was in the forefront of introduing funny rules but for me this has to be the worst ever

didnt bother to dig up the old ICL thread may be some one can dig and merge
Dire, Dire, Dire......