• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hong Kong Sixes

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I disagree. A proper spinner is valuable in Twenty20 Cricket. Part time spinners are worthless, as Michael Clarke and Andrew Symonds proved to be during the Twenty20 world cup. A proper spinner is hard to get away, and has little pace on the ball so the batsmen has to do all the work.

Vettori is the perfect Twenty20 spinner, as is Warne.
This isn't Twenty20 cricket though. But from what I've seen and played, spinners aren't at any real disadvantage in Sixes. If anything, they're at an advantage because an edge or a miscue won't necessarily be fly away for a four four, unlike a fast bowler.

bryce

International Regular
I disagree. A proper spinner is valuable in Twenty20 Cricket. Part time spinners are worthless, as Michael Clarke and Andrew Symonds proved to be during the Twenty20 world cup. A proper spinner is hard to get away, and has little pace on the ball so the batsmen has to do all the work.
Vettori is the perfect Twenty20 spinner, as is Warne.
So your disagreeing with the England sixes selection panel not choosing a spinner for the sixes(where each bowler bowls only 1 over) based on what you have seen in 20/20? And, you say a part-time spinner is useless - who are you exactly saying that England should have picked? Panesar, Rashid or Swann? Are any of them "proper" spinners?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa
Tyron Henderson (capt), Gulam Bodi, Loots Bosman, Alan Kruger, Vernon Philander, Jon-Jon Smuts, Roelof van der Merwe.
Tyron Henderson has pulled out. Tyron has been replaced as captain and player by former Proteas wicket keeper, Thami Tsolekile. Vernon Philander has also withdrawn; Vernon was initially replaced by Johan Louw but due to Louw's Proteas call up, Louw has been replaced by all-rounder, Morne van Vuuren.

South Africa: Thami Tsolekile (capt), Gulam Bodi, Loots Bosman, Alan Kruger, Morne van Vuuren, Jon-Jon Smuts, Roelof van der Merwe.

Pakistan: Faisal Iqbal (capt), Mohammad Salman, Waqas Ahmed, Raheel Majeed, Anwar Ali, Mohammad Talha, Kamran Younis.

Australia: John Davison (capt), Brendan Drew, John Hastings, Michael Hill, Stephen OKeefe, Nathan Reardon, David Warner.

Sri Lanka: Indika De Saram (captain), Jeewantha Kulatunga, Dilhara Lokuhettige, Kaushalya Weeraratne, Gayan Wijekoon, Chinthaka Jayasinghe, Muthumudalige Pushpakumara.

Hong Kong: Manoj Cheruparambil (captain), Najeeb Amar, Hussain Butt, Monir Dar, Irfan Ahmed, Nadeem Ahmed, Phil Pemberton

All-Stars: Sanath Jayasuriya, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Justin Langer, Stephen Fleming, Matthew Hoggard.

I have Thursday and Friday off work so I could go to Hong Kong for a long weekend but a ticket for the two days is over 120 quid...

FBU

International Debutant
No India? Last time they named a squad of oldies like Jadeja and Robin Singh which showed in the results also.
India

Nikhil Chopra (captain)
Noel David
David Johnson
Amay Khurasiya
Sunil Oasis
Vivek Razdan
Sandeep Sharma