• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you like Matthew Hayden

Do you like Matthew Hayden

• Total voters

Polo23

International Debutant
Wasn't the old joke that at domestic games, not even God is watching?

Seriously, who gives a flying **** when he crosses himself? He can do it whenever he wants - did you ever think that international tons are more special to him?
It bugs me, and it is a reason I don't like him. It makes me feel as though he thinks he is bigger than the game.

I'm not asking you to dislike him because of it, I was asked for MY OPINION as to why I don't like him. If I wasn't allowed to have an opinion, whether the reasons were perfectly valid, or completely ridiculous, someone should have just told me. I'll remember that in the future.

Craig

World Traveller
Hahaha.

Whilst I am not the biggest fan of Hayden, I do no mind his "obnoxious weed" comment about Harbhajan, says what we were all thinking. Out of interest, is he that populart with Indian supporters anywya?

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hahaha.

Whilst I am not the biggest fan of Hayden, I do no mind his "obnoxious weed" comment about Harbhajan, says what we were all thinking. Out of interest, is he that populart with Indian supporters anywya?
When he takes wickets, yeah i'd say so. Often despite his personality, i'm sure.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The phrase "God-bothering spastic" was coined on a different forum I frequent to describe Hayden, and I've always thought it was pretty apt.

No matter how great a guy he seems, there's something inherently unlikeable about Hayden.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
The phrase "God-bothering spastic" was coined on a different forum I frequent to describe Hayden, and I've always thought it was pretty apt.

No matter how great a guy he seems, there's something inherently unlikeable about Hayden.
You've hit the n on the h.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Am fairly indifferent towards Haydos, so I opted for some Corrin-love.

Bit of an idol in a way. Has a few kids and a missus but still loves his piss and his Gunners, can't think of too many things that are better. Would help if he wasn't English, but everybody has flaws.
Thought you were talking about Haydos there for a second. Hang on...he's not English! :ph34r:
Ha, yeah me too. Got to the bit about the Gunners & I thought, oh, for ****'s sake, Hayden's not an Arsenal fan too, is he? It's bad enough we've Osama Bin Laden, but Hayden? Jesus... :-O

Then realised Perm meant GIMH & GnR. D'oh. :ph34r:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I don't like him. He looks very arrogant when he's batting.
Great reason.

Seriously, I must not be in the Hayden-hating loop. Besides the thing with Harbhajan I don't see how Hayden's behaviour has been anything out of the ordinary to merit someone to actually dislike the guy. I really don't get what there is to dislike.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ha, yeah me too. Got to the bit about the Gunners & I thought, oh, for ****'s sake, Hayden's not an Arsenal fan too, is he? It's bad enough we've Osama Bin Laden, but Hayden? Jesus... :-O

Then realised Perm meant GIMH & GnR. D'oh. :ph34r:
:lol: