• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you like Matthew Hayden

Do you like Matthew Hayden

• Total voters

Polo23

International Debutant
Think you'll actually find Australians tend to be most critical of their own. However, the points you have made are laughable. As someone said before. Clutching at straws to back up your bogus statements.
Whats laughable about it?

He continually goes on about how much god has helped him, and how much of a religious man he is...then he comes out and abuses Harbhajan on national radio.

Now i'm no christian, but to me this seems like something a religious person wouldnt do.

Also, why does he salute god after every international ton he scores, but fails to after every domestic ton?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also, why does he salute god after every international ton he scores, but fails to after every domestic ton?
Because, according to some on CW.net, his international tons are gifted to him.......

Seriously, what you're saying doesn't make him a hypocrite, I reckon. A bible basher/God botherer, sure.

Polo23

International Debutant
Because, according to some on CW.net, his international tons are gifted to him.......

Seriously, what you're saying doesn't make him a hypocrite, I reckon. A bible basher/God botherer, sure.
I never said him saluting god after his international tons, and failing to when he scores a domestic ton is hypocritical.

Just another reason I don't like him.

To go with a list of other things.

Craig

World Traveller
Your not the bloke who had a run-in with him at a Dunedin McDonald's 8 years ago per chance? :ph34r: :whistling

Precambrian

Banned
Started hating him since his 'weed' remark on Bhajji. After all they are supposed to be professionals right? Bat-wise my fav current Aussie cricketer.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As pedantic as this sounds, but I can't help myself, wasn't it the tour to New Zealand in early 2000 when he got recalled at the expense of Greg Blewitt? :p I remember it well because of his run in with a university student in Dunedin. As for you last scorecard, I remebered the name Don Nash, whatever happened to him?

I had to vote for Corrin anyway.
Yeah. I think Blewett was dropped after the 2nd test of that Kiwi series. Hayden returned for an average series at home against the Windies (his opening partner didn't help him out much. Slater ran him out twice) then Hayden went off to India and the rest is history.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

He continually goes on about how much god has helped him, and how much of a religious man he is...then he comes out and abuses Harbhajan on national radio.

Now i'm no christian, but to me this seems like something a religious person wouldnt do.

Hey. Even God made mistakes. He allowed AFL to be invented.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Am fairly indifferent towards Haydos, so I opted for some Corrin-love.

Bit of an idol in a way. Has a few kids and a missus but still loves his piss and his Gunners, can't think of too many things that are better. Would help if he wasn't English, but everybody has flaws.
(Y) LOL

RE Hayden, I don't really mind the guy, love seeing him get out but as a guy, seems okay

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As pedantic as this sounds, but I can't help myself, wasn't it the tour to New Zealand in early 2000 when he got recalled at the expense of Greg Blewitt? :p I remember it well because of his run in with a university student in Dunedin. As for you last scorecard, I remebered the name Don Nash, whatever happened to him?

I had to vote for Corrin anyway.
Nashie had knee trouble a few years back which saw his NSW chances kind of go by the way side.

He left Fairfield club and went to Blacktown IIRC and has played as an all rounder the past few years in 1st grade. Not sure if he's playing this year though.

Has a stake in a cricket store and coaching academy which is in the Hawksbury area I think - used to be at Castle Hill.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Used to dislike him, but have really warmed to him in recent times. Seems like a great bloke and he's great to watch IMO.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year

Wasn't the old joke that at domestic games, not even God is watching?

Seriously, who gives a flying **** when he crosses himself? He can do it whenever he wants - did you ever think that international tons are more special to him?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
No secret that Catholics are a bit more choosy when they like to display their faith. But regardless, pretty hopeless points Polo. TC smashed it.

Also, love Haydos. Australian Team not the same without him.