13 22.03%
  • Not Australian - No

17 28.81%
  • Corrin, what a guy

8 13.56%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like Matthew Hayden

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=xNoE2K338i4

out for 13... possibly not out for 19 at grounds today..

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Did you get all the easy questions right and then blag your way through the harder ones?
    Haha, that'd be a dead-set Yearly Afridi if we get onto that this year.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Did you get all the easy questions right and then blag your way through the harder ones?
    haha Yeah, he does slaughter some interviews Haydos. He'd have to be the worst interviewee in the Australian team, the way he waffles on and mixes his metaphors - he never makes much sense. If ever there was a guy who should let the bat do his talking, it's him.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Can't stand him. I can't stand anyone of Hayden, Symonds, Harbhajan, Sreesanth. Don't want anything to do with them, and will be actively rooting against all four. Symonds has given me much satisfaction already, hopefully he stays out of the team. Now if only the BCCI do something about that idiot Harbhajan.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

KickUps Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    Look for me Haydos is a guy who seems to be a really nice bloke, but sometimes he comes up with some obnoxious statements which end up making him look like a dick at times, otherwise when you see him giving interviews, or interacting with fans, etc he comes across as a very warm and decent guy.
    AWTA. Seems like a nice enough guy, but doesn't seem to be the smartest person either at times
    Last edited by sanga1337; 30-09-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Obviously don't know the bloke, but he seems to suffer from white line fever. Don't mind him as a bloke, but he went down in my estimation with the Ishant impersonation thing this year.
    Does a fair bit of work with charity apparently, which must count for something.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Don't ask why I did this (didn't take long , anyway). Just that Haydos can and has scored against the best Australia has to offer;

1993/94

In a season where McGrath took wickets against everyone and NSW were the benchmark side, Haydos hit him for 173 in this match (out of 281 in the 2nd dig), didn't play in the return match;

http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1...07NOV1993.html

1994/95

Against Vic with Merv Hughes and Paul Reiffel, a damn-near run-a-ball double ton in the days when they were a rarity, especially in Aussie domestic cricket;

http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1...14NOV1994.html

Really kicked on after QLD won the Shield, was a huge reason why they won it regularly thereafter in fact.

1997/98

181 against a full-strength NSW side including McGrath, the Waughs, etc.

http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1...18OCT1997.html

1999/00 (season before getting picked in the Aussie side again

Against the Lee's and McGill in Sydney;

http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1...22NOV1999.html

And they were just the examples I could remember off the top of my head. Fact is, before Haydos was picked again in 2001, he was the most feared opening batsman in the country at home or away, on damp fliers (which there plenty of in QLD in the 90's) and roads. It didn't matter, he hit you and hit you hard.

As for the bloke, what I've heard about him suggests he's just a hard nut on the field. I'm sure he's a nice bloke generally.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Not especially. I don't hate the guy personally or anything but he's not one of my favourite players to watch, and personality wise he doesn't exactly seem my sort of bloke, but you could say that about most professional sportspeople.

I do think he's very good though, and underrated on these boards.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

International Regular
    I like him. He seems like a good bloke, a real family man. His interviews are a bit scratchy, but that doesn't really matter. He puts ages into practicing and when he plays, he usually comes out tops on the bowlers.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    Not especially. I don't hate the guy personally or anything but he's not one of my favourite players to watch, and personality wise he doesn't exactly seem my sort of bloke, but you could say that about most professional sportspeople.

I do think he's very good though, and underrated on these boards.
    Yeah I feel pretty much the same way. Got a lot of respect for him as a batsman but don't really like him and I don't, on the whole, enjoy watching him bat.

The one exception to that was when I was at the ground for his 181 against NZ, that was pretty special to watch. The sound as the ball came off the bat that day was unlike anything I'd heard before at a cricket match.

International Debutant
    I can't get past the fact that he is the biggest bible bashing hypocrite cricket has ever seen.

So no, I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    Yeah I feel pretty much the same way. Got a lot of respect for him as a batsman but don't really like him and I don't, on the whole, enjoy watching him bat.

The one exception to that was when I was at the ground for his 181 against NZ, that was pretty special to watch. The sound as the ball came off the bat that day was unlike anything I'd heard before at a cricket match.
    Yeah he doesn't so much hit the ball as abuse it, some days.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Agree that he seems to have the white line fever.

Don't particularly like him and neither do I rate him as high as some people do here as a batsman, but I do think that by a number of others in this forum, he is almost criminally under rated..... A bit like Sehwag in that sense..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Agree that he seems to have the white line fever.

Don't particularly like him and neither do I rate him as high as some people do here as a batsman, but I do think that by a number of others in this forum, he is almost criminally under rated..... A bit like Sehwag in that sense..
    Opening batsmen, I think, generally get under-rated unless they're the stodgy types, like openers are 'supposed' to be. Then, instead, they get over-rated like Akash Chopra has been lately or Chris Rogers was before he played against India.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Irritates me no end. Not sure why, just does. Have never really been a fan of him as a cricketer or a person.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information