Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: South African Domestic Season 2008/9

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Titans is mainly Northern Gauteng. Im not sure if you are trying to wind me up

It is combined Northens and Easterns and both are Gauteng.
    Confuses the hell out of me, so I just put what province they mainly represent and draw cricketers from.. As there is no such place as 'Northern Gauteng'.. They used to be called "Northerns" after Northern Province, yet their stadium is well inside Gauteng..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Confuses the hell out of me, so I just put what province they mainly represent and draw cricketers from.. As there is no such place as 'Northern Gauteng'.. They used to be called "Northerns" after Northern Province, yet their stadium is well inside Gauteng..
    They used to be called Northerns (and still are) after Northern Transvaal. The Transvaal became Gauteng and therefore it is still Gauteng they are as much of Gauteng as the Lions. Especially as the 2 main parts (Northerns and Easterns were part of the Transvaal, now Gauteng). Though Limpopo was certainly Northern Transvaal. It does get complicated.

That Titans and Lions are both from Gauteng is a historical relic. I see it as Pretoria and outer lying areas and provinces and Jo'burg and its similar.
    Last edited by Goughy; 30-09-2008 at 01:51 PM.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Lions squad

Neil McKenzie (c), Stephen Cook, Alviro Petersen, Vaughn van Jaarsveld, Jonathan Vandiar, Werner Coetsee, Matthew Harris (wk), Cliffe Deacon, Andrť Nel, Etienne Gerber, Garnett Kruger, Craig Alexander, Jean Symes, Heinrich le Roux, Friedel de Wet.

Looks like this will be the last season of six franchises as Griqualand West and Border are reportedly going to become franchises from next season.

U19 Cricketer
    Re: the Titans. Easterns is also one of the teams that contribute to the franchise, and they are the old Eastern Transvaal, which was basically the East Rand and what is now Mpumalanga. Willowmoore Park, their stadium is in Benoni (my hometown), which is also well inside Gauteng, and only about 35km from the Wanderers.

Don't get too many cricketers coming from the East Rand that I can think of. Off the top of my head: Andre Nel, the Morkel brothers, and Andrew Hall (although he is from Alberton, which although on the East Rand, falls under the Lions franchise I think).

U19 Cricketer
    So, who do you guys think will get a look-in to the SA squad this season. I think Tsotsobe from the Warriors may get a debut (how fast does he bowl anyway?), and Andrew Puttick may also be next in the queue after JP Duminy to replace somebody in the Test side.

pfft what happend to Enoch Nkwe?
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    So, who do you guys think will get a look-in to the SA squad this season. I think Tsotsobe from the Warriors may get a debut (how fast does he bowl anyway?)
    135kph of so. Not incredibly quick but he swings the ball well.

Pinball Champion!
    Re: the Titans. Easterns is also one of the teams that contribute to the franchise, and they are the old Eastern Transvaal, which was basically the East Rand and what is now Mpumalanga. Willowmoore Park, their stadium is in Benoni (my hometown), which is also well inside Gauteng, and only about 35km from the Wanderers.

Don't get too many cricketers coming from the East Rand that I can think of. Off the top of my head: Andre Nel, the Morkel brothers, and Andrew Hall (although he is from Alberton, which although on the East Rand, falls under the Lions franchise I think).
    Cool.. I'm going to Standerton next Sunday.. Hope there is some Supersport cricket going on in Jo'burg

Pinball Champion!
    So, who do you guys think will get a look-in to the SA squad this season. I think Tsotsobe from the Warriors may get a debut (how fast does he bowl anyway?), and Andrew Puttick may also be next in the queue after JP Duminy to replace somebody in the Test side.
    Tsotobe, Puttick for sure.. Boucher should feel like his position is under threat to be honest.. Not sure how Heino Kuhn has been progressing of late though

Quote Originally Posted by popepouri View Post
    135kph of so. Not incredibly quick but he swings the ball well.
    135 tops but he usually operates at around the 125-30 mark.

In regard to pace, Rob Houwing bemoans the lack of genuine fast bowlers in this yearís SuperSport series...
    http://www.sport24.co.za/Content/Col...actory_closing

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Tsotobe, Puttick for sure.. Boucher should feel like his position is under threat to be honest.. Not sure how Heino Kuhn has been progressing of late though
    Keeping from all reports is come on nicely, still isnít thought of as a Ďproperí keeper but his batting is more than serviceable. Iíll doubt we will see him this year though for if Boucher does give way, AB will be his replacement. Kuhn isnít thought of as a 'dynamic' enough one day cricketer so AB would take the gloves and that allows South Africa to bring in another batsman. Boucher was exposed during the England one day series for he was batting at least one place too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Kweek View Post
    pfft what happend to Enoch Nkwe?
    Plays for Gauteng but still gets gig for the Lions now and then. Usually when their season is over.

So it's started.

Looks like it's a poor day with the bat so far. Most of people who I want to progress aren't doing too well.

In regard to pace, Rob Houwing bemoans the lack of genuine fast bowlers in this year’s SuperSport series...
    http://www.sport24.co.za/Content/Col...actory_closing
    That's been a problem for a while. Before Morne Morkel and Dale Steyn, there weren't many who bowled over 130.

Isn't Matthew Arnold quick?
    Last edited by popepouri; 02-10-2008 at 07:40 AM.

Didn't Boeta retire?
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information