• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Imran Tahir is white apparently

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
So why was there only three coloured players in the team?
Blip.

Injuries and loss of form etc are reasons for a target to be partially waived for a particular game.

Gibbs being half the player he was and the complete lack of ability of the other non-white players in the squad made 4 impossible (unless Duminy was picked and who would you drop Kallis?)

SA will struggle to meet quotas whilst there is not a strong non-white bowling candidate. Ntini will be bowled into the ground to compensate. One or 2 names may factor in the future but are not ready right now.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
talking about SA keepers, whats up with Heino Kuhn heard some good stuff about him a few years back.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
talking about SA keepers, whats up with Heino Kuhn heard some good stuff about him a few years back.
More of a batsman who can keep. There's plenty of those in SA.

I would agree with dropping Boucher for Duminy. I can't think of dropping Kallis. He still had a good season averaging over 50 despite having a poor latter half.

I'd rather play Tsotsobe instead of Ntini. He's young and a left armer and he's taking wickets. With Ntini slowing down now, they're about the same pace.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blip.

Injuries and loss of form etc are reasons for a target to be partially waived for a particular game.

Gibbs being half the player he was and the complete lack of ability of the other non-white players in the squad made 4 impossible (unless Duminy was picked and who would you drop Kallis?)

SA will struggle to meet quotas whilst there is not a strong non-white bowling candidate. Ntini will be bowled into the ground to compensate. One or 2 names may factor in the future but are not ready right now.
I see.

I suppose they'll end up playing someone who isn't test standard currently but could well grow to be. But typically batsmen have more to gain from playing at the higher level than bowlers, so i can't see much good in throwing someone like Zondeki into the mix when Ntini retires..

Beleg

International Regular
positive discrimination is still racism - and yet i see very few people up in arms about it

talk about turning a blind eye

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I played a lot of cricket with him and he was impressive with both bat and gloves.

One of those guys that is full of self-confidence and can try (and succeed at) anything (eg scoop shot over his shoulder when on one knee against the quicks).

A really talented and ****y (not in a bad way) player. To succeed he will need to keep those energy levels high whilst being a tad more circumspect.

Attitude wise he is full of bravado and a natural keeper in chirping and keeping things moving.

I dont know if he will make it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
positive discrimination is still racism - and yet i see very few people up in arms about it

talk about turning a blind eye
Indeed..

to an extent, I understand giving quotas to these guys in the lower levels, but once it comes down to provincial, A level and national selections, merit and ONLY merit should be the criteria...

If you think certain sections have been deprived in the past, then sure, by all means, give them a bit of a reservation or quotas or affirmative action or whatever u want to call it, at the lower levels.. Help them out in getting better coaching facilities and stuff.. But dont end up making the selection of your national team based on color or caste or whatever, for God's sakes...