• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Quadrangular Four Nation 20/20

James

Cricket Web Owner
October 2008

Fri 10

1st Match - Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe
Maple Leaf North-West Ground, King City

Fri 10
2nd Match - Canada v Pakistan

Sat 11
3rd Match - Canada v Zimbabwe

Sat 11
4th Match - Sri Lanka v Pakistan

Sun 12
5th Match - Pakistan v Zimbabwe

Sun 12
6th Match - Canada v Sri Lanka

Mon 13
3rd Place Playoff - TBC v TBC

Mon 13
Final - TBC v TBC

Jakester1288

International Regular
Sri Lanka and Pakistan will make it to the final, and Sri Lanka will take it out comfortably.

This thread isn't going to well, is it?

Mard

Banned
canada is so cold this time of year. why are they playing it now? I heard from my sis who is there, she says the temprature in Toronto is 10 degrees

pup11

International Coach
With all due respect what is the point of holding tournaments like these???

JackPot

U19 12th Man
canada is so cold this time of year. why are they playing it now? I heard from my sis who is there, she says the temprature in Toronto is 10 degrees
it cud get lot worse......its usually in the low 20s at the max in Fahrenheit...

JackPot

U19 12th Man
Did the canadian govt cleared visas for Zimbabwe players? they put their visa approval on hold few days ago

JackPot

U19 12th Man
Sri Lanka and Pakistan will make it to the final, and Sri Lanka will take it out comfortably.

This thread isn't going to well, is it?
I'd love to see Pak eliminated from the finals. They haven't played any cricket at all this year....

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
Srilanka Vs Pakistan final......... and if there is a bowlout.......Pakistan will surely loose:laugh: .......... Indians are the best in bowlouts:)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
With all due respect what is the point of holding tournaments like these???
Imagine being a cricket fan in Canada for a minute. Sure, they're all being played at the one ground, but people from outside a test nation will get a chance to see cricket live. That alone is a good enough point for mine, let alone attracting more fans that would bolster the popularity in an associate nation.

cricman

International 12th Man
Imagine being a cricket fan in Canada for a minute. Sure, they're all being played at the one ground, but people from outside a test nation will get a chance to see cricket live. That alone is a good enough point for mine, let alone attracting more fans that would bolster the popularity in an associate nation.
I was actually going to drive to Toronto when Bangladesh were originally supposed to participate in August.

This was set up by the PCB because of Australia Pull out.

The PCB has organized another 20/20 Tri Series in UAE, with Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka to participate in Feburary, Similar to the SA/Ind/Aus 20/20 Tri-series thats going to take place in Dec 09. And the ICCT20s is sanwiched in between along with the ICL/IPL and Champions League

20/20 Overkill :ph34r:

pup11

International Coach
Yeah that's fair enough...

Chubb

International Regular
Ray Price 4 overs 2/9, terrific effort!
Yeah, man's a legend. I suspect the Lankans didn't bother going after him because they didn't have to though. We need more effort from the batsmen, but it's always going to be difficult without Taylor.

cricman

International 12th Man
Shoaib on pace to break T20 bowling Records, Good effort by Canada Bowling tho

John Davidson 2.0 by Cheema ... Pakistan might be worried

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
Pakistan restricted to 137, ought to be enough though - a loss here would be on a parallel with Australia losing to Zimbabwe.

Canada need Cheema to stay the distance.