• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Quadrangular Four Nation 20/20

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
I should add that the support was amazing.. thousands of fans with canada flags chanting cheema's name - he seems to be a bit of a legend over there. Rubbishes people who say theres not enough fans to host big games in these countries. Amazing atmosphere. Honestly one of the best games ive ever watched - who needs stanfords million dollar stars when youve got a game like that?.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Well Pakistan got home - something for their supporters to cheer I suppose, in what's been a difficult year ... I always think that if a side needs more than 10 off the last over they're in trouble, but they did it with a ball to spare - thanks to a remarkable innings from tailender Fawad Alam who hit three of the eight balls he faced for six!
:laugh:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah Fawad Alam is considered one of the top OD all rounders in Pakistan IIRC. Great to see them win. In my pessimistic mood I stopped watching after the 7th wicket fell, came back to check how much they lost by and was pleasantly surprised.

stumpski

International Captain
Fair enough, I know nothing about him, but it sounds as if he should be batting ahead of Sohail Tanvir at least. Number 9 is a tailender in my book. :p

Mard

Banned
I should add that the support was amazing.. thousands of fans with canada flags chanting cheema's name - he seems to be a bit of a legend over there. Rubbishes people who say theres not enough fans to host big games in these countries. Amazing atmosphere. Honestly one of the best games ive ever watched - who needs stanfords million dollar stars when youve got a game like that?.
acutally canada has huge cricket following because remember they have people from all over world living there.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Shoaib Malik's action is terrible... Decent start by Zim though, Masakadza is playing beautifully.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Rizwan Cheema stTaibu b Price 2
S Jyoti stTaibu b Price 0
S.Dhaniram stTaibu b Utseya7

3 in a row:laugh:

cricman

International 12th Man
Sanath @ 38 just took a Delievery from Akhtar that was 147K and smashed a SIX ... the cricket ball was lost. I thought you lose your reflixs with age

2.6 Shoaib Akhtar to Jayasuriya, SIX, bigger, same area but this pull landed much further back, and we have a lost ball
2.5 Shoaib Akhtar to Jayasuriya, SIX, pulls him away, right over square legs head, on to the manual scoreboard

stumpski

International Captain
96 wanted off 16 ... you'd expect them to do that in fifty-overs, it really shouldn't be a problem here.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nice to see Shoaib Akhtar get murdered. His bowling looks like the difference between the two sides on the face of it.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I quite enjoyed this tournament of what I saw of it. Always missed the night games but decent stuff.

Does anyone know who took the ‘Man of the Series’ award? The prize was a luxury apartment in Dubai and I was hoping Hamilton Masakadza would win it. Aside from Cheema and Mendis there was no obvious other players for the award.