• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Xavier Marshall - Drugs Scandal

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Not sure what they will do with him though. I read up his cricinfo many months, maybe a year or so ago and it said that he has had disciplinary problems previously.

As you said, such a shame. I thought he was going to be a decent player for the Windies and we all know that they need someone. Note: Samuels is gone too (was it drugs or match-fixing?)

Any guesses on what he tested positive too? :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Marshall to date is so hopelessly overrated. But yeah, drug-taking scandals of any form are never exactly ideal.

Wonder what it was? I presume it's along the Nandrolone lines rather than the Cocaine ones.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
It was what we might call 'the herb'. Most certainly recreational.

Certainly not performance enhancing so I don't think he will receive a long ban. Btw it is a push to call this a scandal, its not as if he was trying to gain an advantage over the England lads by smoking weed :laugh: .

He has had problems with weed in the past, it is what kept him out of the Jamaica team for at least a year.

Lostman

State Captain
If it is pot, whats the big deal? A guy from the Caribbean smoking dope, oh what a shock.

He should play this 20/20 crap and have "smoke two joints" as his entrance song.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
If it is pot, whats the big deal? A guy from the Caribbean smoking dope, oh what a shock.

He should play this 20/20 crap and have "smoke two joints" as his entrance song.
The big deal is that its against the rules. He is a dumb mother****er if its weed and he gets banned. Why risk everything for some weed? Idiot.

People in the Bangladesh thread have stated that by leaving for ICL they knew there would be a punishment and that they shouldnt be suprised. Well this is the same without actually helping himself.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The big deal is that its against the rules.
There's tournament rules against smoking marjuana? :wacko:

Shame cricket doesn't ban smoking anything full-stop, tobacco included - would almost invariably do wonders for the standard of the game.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Never forget, Gladiators banned Shadow for taking prohibited substances. And Blue Peter banned Richard Bacon. These anti-drug rules are bloody everywhere

Rickripper

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Never forget, Gladiators banned Shadow for taking prohibited substances. And Blue Peter banned Richard Bacon. These anti-drug rules are bloody everywhere
What did Richard Bacon do between leaving Blue Peter and pretending to be Matthew Wright?

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
What did Richard Bacon do between leaving Blue Peter and pretending to be Matthew Wright?
Not sure. I think there was a Dermot Reeve-style coke comedown to deal with.

Actually I think he's above all a Steve Coogan rip-off. Coogan himself was once reported as saying words to the effect of "that little pr!ck should get his own material"

Lostman

State Captain
This whole "tournament" is some guy with too much money on his hands that is basically buying himself a giant party. Would/should even a privately sponsored event fall under world doping guidlines?