• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Nathan Bracken stay at NSW?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have read he wont, but then somewhere else he might.
now that NSW have matthew nicholson back bracken should leave.
If i was him South Australia would be the ideal place to go (except the fact hed be forced to live in Adelaide, the poor bloke)
Since Damien Flemming retired SA would need a replacement and Bracken would be looking for a new team. if he goes there i predict big things from SA this season, With Andy Flower, Greg Blewett, Mark Higgs and then maybe Bracken, they would be on for their best season in quite a while.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Yeah good, leave
I've heard he's a ****** of a person
and quite frankly a nasty guy
**** off

Simon

yeh i heard that his team mates and coaches wont be too disapointed if he left.

Andre

International Regular
Negative. Bracken will play on in NSW for this summer at least. He held talks with Western Australia last week but had decided against a move for the moment.

On the other hand though, NSW won't at all be dissapointed if he leaves - they seem to think he think's his 'pretty special' and his work ethic at training is poor.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Nathan Bracken's rise to the top is nothing more than the Aussies obsession** with trying to get a left arm quickie at the top to create some variety.

**obsession is not the best word, but it gets the point across the best.

If they were really that desperate to bring in a left arm quickie they should go Matthew Inness. He has a shocking actoin and his run up seems awfully unbalanced, but hey after such a prolonged time at Shield level with such good numbers, then it gets hard to argue against.

Simon

I think Bracken is a very good bowler, he would be the next fast bowler i would pick for the one day side after lee, mcgrath, bichel and gillespie.
hes had potential ever since he came on the scene, hes still young and given the opportunity, could have a very good international career in the 1 day game.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
hes a top bowler, but whenn your in a side like the blues you need to have a good work eithic as well

Kenny

U19 Debutant
broncoman said:
I think Bracken is a very good bowler, he would be the next fast bowler i would pick for the one day side after lee, mcgrath, bichel and gillespie.
hes had potential ever since he came on the scene, hes still young and given the opportunity, could have a very good international career in the 1 day game.
What about Brad Williams?? He has had a few oppurtunities and done nothing wrong........

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Kenny said:
What about Brad Williams?? He has had a few oppurtunities and done nothing wrong........
He looked really good in one of the games against England - Sydney? Can't be bothered to check. Bowled his 10, took 2-30 or something like that.

Kenny

U19 Debutant
luckyeddie said:
He looked really good in one of the games against England - Sydney? Can't be bothered to check. Bowled his 10, took 2-30 or something like that.
I'm thinking he deserves a chance in the test side if McGrath, Gillespie or Lee are injured........I think Bichel has done more than enough to ensure he stays in the one - dayers, but he hasn't done that well in test cricket.
Williams should be given a go. But will he get one while Trevor Hohns is chairman of selectors?

Simon

thats pretty unfair to say Bichel hasnt really performed, its fair to say before the boxing day test 2001 he struggled in his test career, but in that game he took 5 wickets and hasnt looked back since. Bichel is definately next in line without a doubt and deserves to be.

And test cricket is completely different, i dont beliebe bracken is a test bowler at all. and id agree with you that Williams should be the next fast bowler to get the baggygreen after the "big 4" but it appears once again that ashley nofke is being groomed for the spot.

Kenny

U19 Debutant
broncoman said:
thats pretty unfair to say Bichel hasnt really performed, its fair to say before the boxing day test 2001 he struggled in his test career, but in that game he took 5 wickets and hasnt looked back since. Bichel is definately next in line without a doubt and deserves to be.

And test cricket is completely different, i dont beliebe bracken is a test bowler at all. and id agree with you that Williams should be the next fast bowler to get the baggygreen after the "big 4" but it appears once again that ashley nofke is being groomed for the spot.
I guess Andy Bichel to me, has had his chances in test cricket. He has played 15 tests now, taking 42 wickets @ 31.42. And Steve Waugh has occasionally shown a reluctance to use him. I also think he lacks penetration when the wicket doesn't suit him. But then so does Noffke........

So why is Ashley Noffke being groomed?? He's a bloody Queenslander!!!!!!!!!

Simon

Nofke is the type of bowler who was recognised very early. even before he played first class cricket. then as soon as he performed (2001 Pura cup final) he was in the test squad.
it was a shame they picked him like that, his only 5 wicket innings in fc cricket got him on an ashes trip. I found the same with katich, as soon as he performed with the bat he was in the squad.
others have scored runs and taken wickets for their whole career without being given a look in.

Simon

give bichel a break, hes doing well. he would be the world greatest player if he played his whole career at the duckpond end of johannesburg. ;)

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Bichel is a top bowler - he is just not penetrative enough to make it at test level.

Noffke is a future champ. Bowls a nice tight line, and does everything right.

Another future champ I reckon will be Paul Rofe. He's still only 23 and has been up towards the top end of the wickettakers in the SS for the past couple of seasons.

Simon

rofe is rubbish, he cant get out the top batsmen. Most of his wickets are tailenenders. He just isnt quick enough to get out good batsmen, particulary considering how erratic he bowls.