Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Nathan Bracken stay at NSW?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar

Will Nathan Bracken stay at NSW?

I have read he wont, but then somewhere else he might.
    now that NSW have matthew nicholson back bracken should leave.
    If i was him South Australia would be the ideal place to go (except the fact hed be forced to live in Adelaide, the poor bloke)
    Since Damien Flemming retired SA would need a replacement and Bracken would be looking for a new team. if he goes there i predict big things from SA this season, With Andy Flower, Greg Blewett, Mark Higgs and then maybe Bracken, they would be on for their best season in quite a while.

International Debutant Eyes_Only's Avatar
    I've heard he's considering the move but at the moment is undecided
    Simon Taufel---ICC Umpire Of The Year 2005/2006/2007

Proud Member of CW Green

Proud member of the Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team

NSW Blues---ING Cup Champions 2005/2006

3rd May 1955-19th January 2004----RIP Hookesy

"Just keep your mouth shut and I'll only have to think you're stupid." The golden rule of umpiring according to the world's best cricket umpire, Australia's Simon Taufel.

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    Yeah good, leave
    I've heard he's a ****** of a person
    and quite frankly a nasty guy
    **** off
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

yeh i heard that his team mates and coaches wont be too disapointed if he left.

International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar
    Bracken looks over rated, but will do well if he jined South Australia

Negative. Bracken will play on in NSW for this summer at least. He held talks with Western Australia last week but had decided against a move for the moment.

On the other hand though, NSW won't at all be dissapointed if he leaves - they seem to think he think's his 'pretty special' and his work ethic at training is poor.

U19 Cricketer
    Nathan Bracken's rise to the top is nothing more than the Aussies obsession** with trying to get a left arm quickie at the top to create some variety.

**obsession is not the best word, but it gets the point across the best.

If they were really that desperate to bring in a left arm quickie they should go Matthew Inness. He has a shocking actoin and his run up seems awfully unbalanced, but hey after such a prolonged time at Shield level with such good numbers, then it gets hard to argue against.

I think Bracken is a very good bowler, he would be the next fast bowler i would pick for the one day side after lee, mcgrath, bichel and gillespie.
    hes had potential ever since he came on the scene, hes still young and given the opportunity, could have a very good international career in the 1 day game.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    hes a top bowler, but whenn your in a side like the blues you need to have a good work eithic as well
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

U19 Debutant
    Originally posted by broncoman
    I think Bracken is a very good bowler, he would be the next fast bowler i would pick for the one day side after lee, mcgrath, bichel and gillespie.
    hes had potential ever since he came on the scene, hes still young and given the opportunity, could have a very good international career in the 1 day game.
    What about Brad Williams?? He has had a few oppurtunities and done nothing wrong........

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Originally posted by Kenny
    What about Brad Williams?? He has had a few oppurtunities and done nothing wrong........
    He looked really good in one of the games against England - Sydney? Can't be bothered to check. Bowled his 10, took 2-30 or something like that.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

U19 Debutant
    Originally posted by luckyeddie
    He looked really good in one of the games against England - Sydney? Can't be bothered to check. Bowled his 10, took 2-30 or something like that.
    I'm thinking he deserves a chance in the test side if McGrath, Gillespie or Lee are injured........I think Bichel has done more than enough to ensure he stays in the one - dayers, but he hasn't done that well in test cricket.
    Williams should be given a go. But will he get one while Trevor Hohns is chairman of selectors?

thats pretty unfair to say Bichel hasnt really performed, its fair to say before the boxing day test 2001 he struggled in his test career, but in that game he took 5 wickets and hasnt looked back since. Bichel is definately next in line without a doubt and deserves to be.

And test cricket is completely different, i dont beliebe bracken is a test bowler at all. and id agree with you that Williams should be the next fast bowler to get the baggygreen after the "big 4" but it appears once again that ashley nofke is being groomed for the spot.

U19 Debutant
    Originally posted by broncoman
    thats pretty unfair to say Bichel hasnt really performed, its fair to say before the boxing day test 2001 he struggled in his test career, but in that game he took 5 wickets and hasnt looked back since. Bichel is definately next in line without a doubt and deserves to be.

And test cricket is completely different, i dont beliebe bracken is a test bowler at all. and id agree with you that Williams should be the next fast bowler to get the baggygreen after the "big 4" but it appears once again that ashley nofke is being groomed for the spot.
    I guess Andy Bichel to me, has had his chances in test cricket. He has played 15 tests now, taking 42 wickets @ 31.42. And Steve Waugh has occasionally shown a reluctance to use him. I also think he lacks penetration when the wicket doesn't suit him. But then so does Noffke........

So why is Ashley Noffke being groomed?? He's a bloody Queenslander!!!!!!!!!

Nofke is the type of bowler who was recognised very early. even before he played first class cricket. then as soon as he performed (2001 Pura cup final) he was in the test squad.
    it was a shame they picked him like that, his only 5 wicket innings in fc cricket got him on an ashes trip. I found the same with katich, as soon as he performed with the bat he was in the squad.
    others have scored runs and taken wickets for their whole career without being given a look in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information