• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh

Rickripper

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This was always going to be a reasonably one-sided series, and now it's barely going to be a challenge for the young players in NZ's team. Ryder, Southee, Taylor, Flynn, they could really be big players in two or three years time. It's a shame about Bond, but there's enough depth and all-round talent to compensate for that. And what happened to Matthew Bell? I thought he looked considerably more competent than Redmond.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
This was always going to be a reasonably one-sided series, and now it's barely going to be a challenge for the young players in NZ's team. Ryder, Southee, Taylor, Flynn, they could really be big players in two or three years time. It's a shame about Bond, but there's enough depth and all-round talent to compensate for that. And what happened to Matthew Bell? I thought he looked considerably more competent than Redmond.
Bell is a complete headcase. You can't have those at international level.

Polo23

International Debutant
What happened to Bell?

He was completely rubbish, and looked considerably less competent than Redmond.

Atleast Redmond seemed to have some sort of idea of the swinging ball, and his technique looked solid (despite not getting a score). Bell looked absolutely abysmal, his technique and footwork were all over the place and he did well so survive as long as he did.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If Redmond doesnt cash in against Bangladesh he can kiss his international career goodbye.
I reckon it depends on what you mean by "cash in".

If he makes a few well compiled half centuries I think that will be enough for him to keep his spot for the next series.

bryce

International Regular
If Redmond doesnt cash in against Bangladesh he can kiss his international career goodbye.
Also permitting how Guptill & Watling go in the 'A' "Tests", don't think they'd drop him for any other openers

Polo23

International Debutant
I reckon it depends on what you mean by "cash in".

If he makes a few well compiled half centuries I think that will be enough for him to keep his spot for the next series.
Of course...by cash in I meant get a few good scores, and generally just look the part.

Polo23

International Debutant
Does anybody really care about this series?
I care about any cricket.

This is the only hitout we get before the Aussie series so it is rather important. Players need to cement their spots/lose their spots etc.

Plus we get the chance to try and get rid of the lowest ever test innings score. Which I think is a pretty real possibility, especially if Southee plays.

bryce

International Regular
Yeah Southee should cut through them. Not to mention Vettori already has 20 wickets from his only two Tests he's played in Bangladesh

Last edited:

Polo23

International Debutant
Yeah Southee should cut through them. Not to mention Vettori already has 20 wickets from only his two Tests he's played in Bangladesh
Indeed.

Do you remember Franklin against them last time we toured there? They have no idea against quality swing bowling, especially at a decent pace.

I'm actually quite interested to see how Southee goes...apparently he has been working all winter (since he came back from England) on his strength.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
NZ will play an unprecedented amount of games this year, I'm sure they're enjoying sitting at home (those who aren't training with provincial teams, on the A tour, doing Black Caps training ahead of Bangladesh or fulfilling sponsorship commitments...)

brockley

International Captain
Kiwis will be so busy they won't be able to field a full strength team in the australian premier league(APL) in 2009/10.