• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

will Australia pick a full strength team to play Bangladesh?

Langeveldt

Soutie
IMO, i think Bangladesh will win a game of cricket when the opposition pick a completely inexpericened side to try and blood some new players, and get caught out....

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Before we start talking about world record batting feats, just remember that the pitches and conditions in Darwin and Cairns may play a part. These places are very humid so the ball will move about. A day batting in 30 degree heat and high humidity will be tough work so a triple century may be impossible regardless of the opposition. Also who knows what the pitches will be like. They could be green tops or uneven or just who knows.

Sure it will probably mean that Bangladesh will be bowled out for not much but the Aussie may not get to 1000 or individually to 300.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's a bit unrealistic to think that a test side is likely to make 1000 - even against Bangladesh. Tiredness will have a big factor on any total.

I'd say 700 might be feasible. Bangladesh are not exactly village cricketers.

I'm prepared to eat my words, though.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i think argonaut is right here (again) we have never seen a pitch in darwin, god knows what its going to do.
they might even turn up to find out the match will be played on the foot path in the main street of darwin.
in that case is bet Langer and hayden would belt 500 each.

David

International 12th Man
It won't be humid in Darwin, due to the fact that its the dry season. Hmmm, I'll be up there for the first couple of days of the darwin test.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
David said:
It won't be humid in Darwin, due to the fact that its the dry season. Hmmm, I'll be up there for the first couple of days of the darwin test.
Take your camera. If there's a record, take a picture of the scoreboard. That'd be a great thing for us to put on the front page.

Simon

luckyeddie said:
Take your camera. If there's a record, take a picture of the scoreboard. That'd be a great thing for us to put on the front page.
Its like we are expecting something amazing to happen in this series

Top_Cat

From what I've seen of Darwin's pitches, in the dry season, they'll be baked quite hard and will play much like Indian pitches. They were pretty damn flat when I saw them last and there are always big scores and bigger hitting when the interstate teams go up there pre-season for a hit.

Kenny

U19 Debutant
Top_Cat said:
From what I've seen of Darwin's pitches, in the dry season, they'll be baked quite hard and will play much like Indian pitches. They were pretty damn flat when I saw them last and there are always big scores and bigger hitting when the interstate teams go up there pre-season for a hit.
**Takes out big wooden spoon**

In that case even Lehmann might make some runs then eh, TC?? :lol:

**Puts wooden spoon away**

Simon

thats harsh kenny mate.
i say we chuck mcGrath up the order and let him get that test half century hes so desperate for.

Kenny

U19 Debutant
broncoman said:
thats harsh kenny mate.
i say we chuck mcGrath up the order and let him get that test half century hes so desperate for.
Didn't mean it to be harsh.........maybe McGrath could come in at 8 or 9 - I don't think we should get too smart - arsy.

Simon

id be surprised if anyone below 5 or 6 in the Aus batting order will be required in the series at all anyway.

Rich2001

International Captain
Top_Cat said:
Well I thought I'll try and find some of these pics and I must say that it does look just a tad dry there.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Even the stands look a bit indian :D

Does look dry, although a pretty decent cricket ground by the looks of that pic....

Simon

not a bad looking ground, im sure the outfield will fly, Australia could have a run rate around 6 an over. if this is the case we woul need to bad a bit over 2 days to make 1000.