• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
After 10,000 replies in this thread, I feel it's time to concede defeat. India have played well in this series, and their batting has been consistent.

Australia on the other hand, have the worst pace bowling attack in the world at the moment and if we don't make selectorial changes immediately, we will end up 5th or 6th in the rankings before the 2012.
No chance of u guys going lower than 3rd and even that would be a mammoth task in awfullness.

Aust losing in Aust is still not gonna happen very often.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Australia on the other hand, have the worst pace bowling attack in the world at the moment
:laugh:

It's always funny to see the knee-jerk over-reactions people have to Australia having a rare bad series.

Spin bowling attack? Sure, horrible. But the pace attack, whilst probably not being the best anymore, is still significantly above average. Clark and Lee are two of the best bowlers in the world. They haven't had a great time of it here but **** happens. Let's not forget that Clark only played two Tests on tour and struggled with injury, too.

pasag

RTDAS
Its all this modern cricket business all about containment

I remebemer reading this quote of warwick armstrong to Arthur mailey after he bowled a series of madiens and been taken off the bowling
"i dont care how many maidens you can bowl im here to get them out"
Lol was this the same Armstrong that used to bowl 50 overs for like 20 runs with a bodyline field, match after match? :laugh:

One of the most defensive bowlers in the history of the game.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really thought the first two matches in this series were excellent but the last two have been ****ing diabolical.

Incredible to think though that the Aussies will be playing cricket for 63 of the next 70 weeks. The wear and tear on Lee, Clark and Johnson will be incredible.

inbox24

International Debutant
:laugh:

It's always funny to see the knee-jerk over-reactions people have to Australia having a rare bad series.

Spin bowling attack? Sure, horrible. But the pace attack, whilst probably not being the best anymore, is still significantly above average. Clark and Lee are two of the best bowlers in the world. They haven't had a great time of it here but **** happens. Let's not forget that Clark only played two Tests on tour and struggled with injury, too.
These two bowlers are only good on pitches which help them. Recall that even back in Australia these two got little penetration at Adelaide and the flatter pitches. Only at the MCG did the really dominate. But that's gone by the wayside anyway because Lee has regressed back to his pre-2007/08 ways. Johnson is probably one of the worst bowlers in the taking his wickets by luck and only because batsmen try to smash him. Clark lacks penetration on flat wickets. If only we'd developed Hilfenhaus as a bowler instead of Johnson or tried other bowlers we'd have found one.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The relevant statistics are to compare it to past ratings in Test series, more specifically Aus India ones.

Not to mention there was obviously going to be a huge spike in ratings for the first year of the IPL with all the buzz. Let's see if they can keep it up once the novelty disappears.
I am not saying Test cricket ratings are going down, but if IPL (first season or not) is getting 7x the viewers of Test cricket, how can it remain relevant as the top form of the game? That's not a slight discrepancy.

duffer

Vijay looks a very compact player. Not sure about his ability to make big scores as I haven't seen him do so but he looks technically very very nice. Would be interested to see how he plays spin as well.

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
Vijay looks a very compact player. Not sure about his ability to make big scores as I haven't seen him do so but he looks technically very very nice. Would be interested to see how he plays spin as well.
He just came of a 243 last weekend, thats is his 2nd dbl century of his two year fc career

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
After 10,000 replies in this thread, I feel it's time to concede defeat. India have played well in this series, and their batting has been consistent.

Australia on the other hand, have the worst pace bowling attack in the world at the moment and if we don't make selectorial changes immediately, we will end up 5th or 6th in the rankings before the 2012.
You heard the man. Throw in the towel fellas.

I always find it funny that we get these doomsday predictions when we're most likely only going to lose the series 1-0.

duffer

He's feeling the effects of his illness now for mine. The two boundary balls were a rank full toss and a legside half volley.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
One was an attempted yorker turned full toss, the other was on his legs so it was worked away quite easily. Not the best bowling, but Sehwag has certainly decided to attack this over.

pasag

RTDAS
I am not saying Test cricket ratings are going down, but if IPL (first season or not) is getting 7x the viewers of Test cricket, how can it remain relevant as the top form of the game? That's not a slight discrepancy.
The other way to look at it is what's happening to the overall market, is it growing or are the IPL numbers stealing from the Test market? The latter would be a dire situation indeed, but if both markets are growing and the IPL has potential of dragging Test cricket numbers up with it, then it's not all doom and gloom.