• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is test cricket only about hitting 4s and a higher RR? Why can't it be the struggle and war of tactics as it was yesterday? And to say the outside off stump was used for only one session.
Honestly, get over it. Both sides get heaps from writers, Roebuck in particular sticks the knife into Aus as much as anyone. Sheesh.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea i agree with you well the problem is not how the team is playing but more so where they are pl;aying.

Bangalore was decent with the crowds because it is a well off city with a lot of people

Mohali - has never been great for the cricket i remeber in the ipl Preity zinta and Lee had to autograph tickets and give them away to get minimal crowds 5-7 thous i think

Delhi - never been great for cricket but i was kinda apalled at the crowds there u would think since ganguly's last series etc

Nagpur - the stadium is soo far away, And a draconion policy in the ticket is also effecting the crowds it seems at the new stadium u can only buy a test pass for all 5 days which cost about 750 rupees and the transport there wud be about 200 rupees a day so for the avg person in india it is a bit expensive.
I'll defer to your greater knowledge re the venues but the cricket has been painfully dull as well.

I turned it off early yesterday as it was more fun watching paint dry

pasag

RTDAS
The relevant statistics are to compare it to past ratings in Test series, more specifically Aus India ones.

Not to mention there was obviously going to be a huge spike in ratings for the first year of the IPL with all the buzz. Let's see if they can keep it up once the novelty disappears.

pasag

RTDAS
Flat pitches + two teams with superior batting lineups to their bowling lineups means the cricket is going to be pretty dull. I guess if I was an Indian fan I'd find it a lot more interesting though.

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
I must say this series hasnt been all that exciting. Imo exciting is when the bowlers are dominating and a batsman comes out and makes a gutsy 50 or hundred i find that pretty awesome. Like hayden was awesome in 2001 while bhajji was ripping it through.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I must say this series hasnt been all that exciting. Imo exciting is when the bowlers are dominating and a batsman comes out and makes a gutsy 50 or hundred i find that pretty awesome. Like hayden was awesome in 2001 while bhajji was ripping it through.
I agree.

Some of the most boring cricket has been on this series

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
I agree.

Some of the most boring cricket has been on this series
Its all this modern cricket business all about containment

I remebemer reading this quote of warwick armstrong to Arthur mailey after he bowled a series of madiens and been taken off the bowling
"i dont care how many maidens you can bowl im here to get them out"

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Its all this modern cricket business all about containment

I remebemer reading this quote of warwick armstrong to Arthur mailey after he bowled a series of madiens and been taken off the bowling
"i dont care how many maidens you can bowl im here to get them out"
I just read that quote on here earlier today...

Have you used the same quote twice, or "your remember reading this quote" happened today on here?

pup11

International Coach
Hats off to Binger, he has been unwell for the last few days and according to Nicholas he was on a drip yesterday, but still at the start of the day the guy is out their bowling for his country, seriously WAG...

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
I just read that quote on here earlier today...

Have you used the same quote twice, or "your remember reading this quote" happened today on here?
prolly read it here then i thought it might have been cricinfo i was looking for it

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lee's lost 5 kilos. Epic.

It'd take a monumental stuff-up from India here to lose this. If the series was tied at 0-0 you'd still think they're in with a shout to win the series tbh.

Precambrian

Banned
Hats off to Binger, he has been unwell for the last few days and according to Nicholas he was on a drip yesterday, but still at the start of the day the guy is out their bowling for his country, seriously WAG...
He said Lee lost some 5 kgs in 4 days, poor guy, good on him to bowl, ala Kumblesque.

inbox24

International Debutant
After 10,000 replies in this thread, I feel it's time to concede defeat. India have played well in this series, and their batting has been consistent.

Australia on the other hand, have the worst pace bowling attack in the world at the moment and if we don't make selectorial changes immediately, we will end up 5th or 6th in the rankings before the 2012.