• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Polo23

International Debutant
Siddle knocks over Badrinath, good stuff this from the Aussie fast bowlers on a flat deck.
Terrible shot from Badrinath...though I think he was a little harsh done by, looked to me like it was sliding down leg.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seems a bit strange the omission of Noffke now. With Symonds not in the squad, and surely the selectors knew of Watson's track record (especially when on tour) and if Watson isn't fit, I'm sure Ponting would like to have someone of Noffke's calibre to call on. I know he's not in the true allrounder class, and is certainly a bowling allrounder, but given Johnson was no certainty going into this tour, surely he would have been good value in the side, despite what he may or may not have said.

duffer

Seems a bit strange the omission of Noffke now. With Symonds not in the squad, and surely the selectors knew of Watson's track record (especially when on tour) and if Watson isn't fit, I'm sure Ponting would like to have someone of Noffke's calibre to call on. I know he's not in the true allrounder class, and is certainly a bowling allrounder, but given Johnson was no certainty going into this tour, surely he would have been good value in the side, despite what he may or may not have said.
I think it's a given that the non-selection of Noffke was ridiculous.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Siddle knocks over Badrinath, good stuff this from the Aussie fast bowlers on a flat deck.
Brett Lee apart who was all over the place, the Australians have bowled extremely well. Pretty simply plan, bowl gun barrel straight with men on the onside and the Indian batsman have had no room to free their arms.

Johnners

For those watching, is Mitch at least making the batsmen play the ball (as opposed to bowling too wide to play, but not wide enough to be called like much of the series in Aust)?

pup11

International Coach
Siddle bowling a bit within himself here, he is bowling in the high 130's atm, but when i last saw him bowl in the Aussie A OD game he was bowling in the high 140's.

howardj

International Coach
So gun that the Indian old guard got picked in their just-announced squad.

Will savour seeing those champions face off against us one final time.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
For those watching, is Mitch at least making the batsmen play the ball (as opposed to bowling too wide to play, but not wide enough to be called like much of the series in Aust)?
His bowled well, batsman have been made to play almost every ball and his not gave them too many sighters. Been quick as well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Siddle bowling a bit within himself here, he is bowling in the high 130's atm, but when i last saw him bowl in the Aussie A OD game he was bowling in the high 140's.
Speed gun a little deceptive in the Australia A game then.

Siddle operates at around 140 usually.

pup11

International Coach
There has been a constant effort on his part to try and pitch the ball up rather than just banging it in all the time and also to make batsmen play a lot more, but one can't say he has been too successful at that, but he hasn't been as dire as he usually is.

EDIT: Dire start from Krezja, awful!

duffer

Yuvi to play his one great knock this season now, force his way into the side and proceed to be a walking wicket for the entirety of the series.