Page 3 of 761 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Australia in India***

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    Do you have any idea what you talking about, Australian pitches were flat and dead through the last summer, more or less one can say sub-continent like conditions were on display, expexct for Perth (where Australia lost their marbles due to all the crap that took place leading into the test), most of the series was played on conditions very unlike Australia, and tbt that has been the case with the Aussie wickets for a while now, but champions like McGrath and Warne never really let those conditions hamper them.
    Crap leading to the test???? If anything, it should have hurt the Indians more!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pnottath View Post
    Hussey better than Tendulkar? Lol!! Hussey's average in WI was in the 20s. And Hussey has hardly toured anything. Neither on recent form nor on track record such a comparison can be justified.

Dravid Vs Ponting? Ponting's a proven dud on indian pitches. No comparison there too.

Clarke Vs Ganguly? Tough call. But Clarke has the upperhand.

Sehwag? A league of his own. At current form capable of averaging 60-70 per series.

Dhoni Vs Haddin - Dhoni definitely has the upperhand.

So, it's very obvious Indian batting lineup wins hands down atleast on paper.
    Yeah, they would wish games were played on paper.

Banned
    Yeah, they would wish games were played on paper.
    Yep, that's the futility of what we do right?

BTW despite the reverse in Sri Lanka, India are still very much favorites for me.With reasons described above,

Crap leading to the test???? If anything, it should have hurt the Indians more!!
    Aussies were being bashed from all corners, as time passed on, Indians were painted as victims and got all the sympathy, and they were also pretty pumped up to do well.

Yep, that's the futility of what we do right?

BTW despite the reverse in Sri Lanka, India are still very much favorites for me.With reasons described above,
    Come October 9th and we will see!

Banned
    Aussies were being bashed from all corners, as time passed on, Indians were painted as victims and got all the sympathy, and they were also pretty pumped up to do well.
    Shouldn't that acted as a pumping up for the Aussies as well? "See there are talks that we took last test with help of umpires, so lets show 'em what we really got"?

And besides, was not Perth the most "Aussie" ground?

And wasn't the most hyped pace bowler returning?

All this ideally should have won the match for Australia.

Banned
    Come October 9th and we will see!
    I know this might be a bit off topic, but I see your location as India. Funny you are die hard Aussie supporter.

And they tell us Indians are overconfident..i'm telling you,indians are a completely different side when they face the Aussies.I would have thought they might have learned their lessons after the what happened down-under but apparantly no.People have very short term memories indeed,if they put Hussey above Sachin esp after what he did last time these 2 teams faced off.

Anyway from an Indian POV,people talk debate about how the middle order might get revamped depending on the result..but what concerns me is if Tendulkar will recover in time for the series?If not who might get a look in?

I know this might be a bit off topic, but I see your location as India. Funny you are die hard Aussie supporter.
    Mate, since you are new to CW i want to tell you i am a die-hard Aussie fan, i have been one all my life, and would be one all through rest of my life.

I can't wait for this series to start. It has been awhile since Australia have played a test, too long actually. It looks like it will be on at a good time in Aus as well, I think 2pm- around 10 sounds very good to me.

I hope the coverage on Fox 3 is good, anyone know what commentators there will be?

Ohh yeah also do you think that some of the Aussies would want to perform particularly well in India because of the IPL, try and increase their perceived value?
    Time: "Despite its gentlemanly manner, the sport generates tremendous passion in Britain and its former colonies."

Shouldn't that acted as a pumping up for the Aussies as well? "See there are talks that we took last test with help of umpires, so lets show 'em what we really got"?

And besides, was not Perth the most "Aussie" ground?

And wasn't the most hyped pace bowler returning?

All this ideally should have won the match for Australia.
    They coped a lot of flak from every corner and that certainly took out a bit of a spunk from the Australian team, they were pretty subdued in their approach, and as far as Tait is concerned he was having a few problems during that and to be fair to him he even took a break from cricket after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Speersy View Post
    I can't wait for this series to start. It has been awhile since Australia have played a test, too long actually. It looks like it will be on at a good time in Aus as well, I think 2pm- around 10 sounds very good to me.

I hope the coverage on Fox 3 is good, anyone know what commentators there will be?

Ohh yeah also do you think that some of the Aussies would want to perform particularly well in India because of the IPL, try and increase their perceived value?
    If they think all about that then they could be doing themselves a lot more harm, than doing any good, they should concentrate on playing good cricket for their country, and rest of the things would follow.

International Debutant iamdavid's Avatar
    I've got alot of faith in the Australian batting lineup heading into this series, Hayden, Katich and Clarke have all done well in test cricket in India before and I have every confidence that Hussey and Haddin are capable of adapting. Ponting has a patchy record in India and Jaques' game is not really suited to the conditions and bowling he will face, however even if they have poor tours there is plenty of batting to fall back on.

The bowling is obviously the major worry, presumably Lee and Clark will continue to do well however the depth behind them is a worry and an injury to either of those two and we'd be in big trouble. Noffke is steady and capable however he has minimal experience at international level let alone in India, Johnson was pretty woeful in the West Indies and Bollinger is a bit of a wildcard.
    I think Bracken could be a suprise pick given his variations with cutting the ball and the fact that there is no established spinner, I dont think he's cut out for test cricket generally however he is very versatile and reliable and could be useful on a wearing pitch.
    I'd pick McGain as the only spinner in the squad as he's the only one I can realistically see having any impact at all..

If I were a selector and the squad was limited to 14 I'd bring -
    Hayden
    Jaques
    Ponting
    Clarke
    Hussey
    Symonds/Watson
    Haddin
    Lee
    Johnson
    Clark
    McGain
    Bracken
    Noffke/Bollinger
    Katich

My Australian 14 (or is it 15) for the series would be :
    1.Phil Jaques
    2.Matty Hayden
    3.Ricky Ponting
    4.Mike Hussey
    5.Michael Clarke
    6.Andrew Symonds/ Shane Watson
    7.Brad Haddin (wk)
    8.Beau Casson
    9.Brett Lee
    10.Mitchell Johnson
    11.Stuart Clark
    12.Simon Katich
    13.Doug Bollinger
    14.Luke Ronchi

Banned
    Indians will be glad to get Bracken and Johnson bowling in tandem on a hot afternoon on a kotla pitch.

And Aussies didn't look convincing against much weaker Windies some months back, their top order collapsed frequently, memorably once for 18-5. It helped Windies didn't have much penetration in their bowling and also a let off again for Symonds. But still Aussies did well to come back and win them.

Thread Information