• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
LOL, what? Gambhir is struggling to put bat on ball. He's scored, what 5 runs in all the balls faced against Siddle?
Meh, no time when watching this have I thought he'd get him out. All Siddle is trying to do is cramp him up and make him do something silly.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid...why you gotta go and do that...

Meh, no time when watching this have I thought he'd get him out. All Siddle is trying to do is cramp him up and make him do something silly.
I dunno, I'm working as I watch but most of the balls I've seen bowled from Siddle to Gambhir have made him look quite awkward. I don't mean Gambhir playing and missing but just not in the flow he was before the break.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Having a batsman bogged down hardly qualfies as "having his number". Reserve that phrase for Ponting-Bhajji
LOL. Maybe you're right. It just seemed to me that Siddle really stopped Gambhir getting anything and pushing him right back on to the crease. These are usually the "calm before the storm" situations, as I like to call 'em. A ball in the right spot and you may see something silly.

Having said all that, Dravid ripped Siddle apart in that over.

duffer

Dravid...why you gotta go and do that...

I dunno, I'm working as I watch but most of the balls I've seen bowled from Siddle to Gambhir have made him look quite awkward. I don't mean Gambhir playing and missing but just not in the flow he was before the break.
Okay, well I'm seeing it differently, Siddle bowled a couple of good shorter ones into the rib cage but every time Gambhir managed to play the ball straight down so I don't think he's been troubled too much.

social

Is Dravid back? I know it's a flat track + average attack, but could be the start of a comeback of sorts.
He was India's best in the 1st innings of the last test but the bowling to him today has been abysmal - any test batsman in the worl will score freely if you keep feeding him half volleys on leg stump

social

BTW, this wicket is very flat - Gambhir is not very good at dealing with short balls but the sluggish pitch made that look very easy

duffer

Siddle's bowled a lot of leg side and have volley stuff but I think that's because he's trying too much to make something happen. This type of pitch and heat needs patience, discipline and a huge amount of heart(which I think he has).

pup11

International Coach
Having seen the way wicket has behaved so far, one thing is clear unless the batsman play a terrible shot or lose concentration, there is no way bowlers are going to get 'em out, there is virtually nothing in this pitch for the fast bowlers and on top of that the bowling too has been patchy.

Precambrian

Banned
Lol, it was really funny to see the expression on Nicholas' face when Gavaskar was ranting about "how to control the flip of a coin", Completely looked dumb not knowing he being taken for a ride!

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol, it was really funny to see the expression on Nicholas' face when Gavaskar was ranting about "how to control the flip of a coin", Completely looked dumb not knowing he being taken for a ride!
Really, I thought he'd asked whether he was being had on at least twice and looked unconvinced until Gavaskar assured him he wasn't joking.