• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

pasag

RTDAS
How come the stadiums are so empty? You'd think India with it's cricket-mad population would love to see their team versus the best team in the world.
Work day probably. Still very poor though, I guess no one there cares too much if TV ratings are doing so well.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Johnson looked good, Siddle showed something and probably bowled better than his economy looked, and Watson seemed have the most control. Ponting has a bit of a problem with who is going to bowl all the overs today and tomorrow, it's not ideal if Watson ends up getting through the best part of 30.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gambhir's talent and his strokemaking ability have never been inquestion for mine. His issue is that he's played so many blinding innings where he looks a million dollars and then contrives to get himself out, the Lanka series is a perfect example of this.

It's his thirst for runs and making big big scores which is in question as far as I'm concerned and today's a great time for him to start making truly big runs in Test cricket. Hope he can do it because I love watching him bat.

Precambrian

Banned
I hope people get on with it... conceivably Tendulakar's record could be within the next 20mins. It would be good to see as good a crowd for that as possibly.
If it doenst get filled up, Mohali could be named as the first city to have embraced the 20-20 culture, officially.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If it doenst get filled up, Mohali could be named as the first city to have embraced the 20-20 culture, officially.
Their crowds for the IPL weren't as good as the other teams IIRC. At least for the day games definitely.

Precambrian

Banned
Ah, now that's a crowd filling in fast. Who wants to miss the greatest Indian cricketer making history? Although I will be all the more glad to see him do that 2 overs before end of the day.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
no need to keep scoring very quickly.. The ones and twos will do too... And I don't understand where is the pressure from anyways.. It is the first day, FFS...