• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As I said, costly wicket with a rubbish ball that could easily have flown over Haddin's head with a little more edge. The result was good but very poor bowling leading up to it.
Watson conceded about 12 runs to break a 70-odd partnership and you reckon the bowling change was costly? :confused:

And some people reckon I'm biased..

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watson conceded about 12 runs to break a 70-odd partnership and you reckon the bowling change was costly? :confused:

And some people reckon I'm biased..
As if, I've said many words praising Watto so don't give me that crap.

Second, Watto bowled a series of short balls, some of which a couple of tail-enders got onto with slogs, some they ducked out of the way, some they took airy swings at and missed. To top-order players, they'd have been far more severely punished.

As I said, Watto got the wicket and good on him, his first spell was mighty impressive so he deserved a break. But don't pretend it was great bowling that got him this wicket. It was crap cricket which was responded to by slightly more crap cricket and it cost Harbhajan.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Because it was a rubbish ball? As TopCat said, could have easily sailed over the keepers head for four.

Second, Watto bowled a series of short balls, some of which a couple of tail-enders got onto with slogs, some they ducked out of the way, some they took airy swings at and missed. To top-order players, they'd have been far more severely punished.

As I said, Watto got the wicket and good on him, his first spell was mighty impressive so he deserved a break. But don't pretend it was great bowling that got him this wicket. It was crap cricket which was responded to by slightly more crap cricket and it cost Harbhajan.
Never said it was a good ball.

Bowling a bad ball that takes a wicket isn't "costly" though and I fail to see how conceding 10 runs to break a 70 run partnership can be termed as such. A good ball it was not but a costly bowling change it wasn't either.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Despite the final session, very good day for Australia. Harbhajan and Zaheer have turned what was a clear winning position into a slightly less clear cut one, but 8/250 or so for the day is still a good effort.

If Australia can clean up the rest of the tail fairly promply tomorrow, a score of 200 or so will leave India with a pretty difficult chase.

Good signs today in that Johnson and Lee bowled very well, and the support cast in Watson, White and Clarke did better than expected. Watson bowled a genuinely good spell, and White wasn't completely all over the place which was a nice surprise. He's not going to be a match winning spinner but at least he can send down a few overs.

Clark didn't do much today, wasn't bowled in the morning at all and then was fairly disappointing when he did come on. Assuming he clicks later in the series, it's looking like a pretty good attack.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No doubt Australia won the day but that last partnership has given us a bit of hope. If we can get it to 70-80 behind and our spinners can wreak some havoc then it could get very interesting.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
No doubt Australia won the day but that last partnership has given us a bit of hope. If we can get it to 70-80 behind and our spinners can wreak some havoc then it could get very interesting.
Yeah. If India had been bowled out for 250-260, they would have needed rain to have a chance of getting away without a loss. Now it's still in Australia's favour but if there's a collapse tomorrow, India could easily steal a win.

pasag

RTDAS

Love him or get out.