• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought the Aussies bowled without luck, Sehwag almost played on three times. And with no worry re-Lillee/Marsh, I think India will make 255:ph34r:
Yep, Sehwag played some great shots but it was obviously a plan to leave third man open and tempt him to open the face

Another day and Ponting might've looked like a genius

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
AWTA.
He's been such a fantastic servant for Indian cricket that if he was to hang on for too long, it would greatly tarnish his standing as one of the best legspinners ever. I expect Kumble to be a lot more dangerous in that 2nd innings, but just recently he's been really down on form and not even looking threatening. Mishra should get the gig for the Eng series.
This was how poorly kumble was performing in 2002 till 2003, but we all know what happened after that. Its 2008 now.
I think champions have the ability to lift their game. Its just that when they become old it takes a bit longer. Kumble will be back, the selectors have to wait for 2-3 more series. Afterall he has done badly only in the 2 series before this. Not bad for someone who is 38.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Yep, Sehwag played some great shots but it was obviously a plan to leave third man open and tempt him to open the face

Another day and Ponting might've looked like a genius
When was the last time Ponting looked Genius as a captain ?

Ponting and Hussey getting Kudos for their century but at the same time making the suggestions that Sehwag's runs were scored because of the Aussie plan is really ridiculous. So he either scores runs on flat tracks or because of the opponent's plan to leave the 3rd man open ?

Do check the following out and tell us how many runs he scored in 3rd man area :-

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/engine/current/match/345669.html