• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

pup11

International Coach
Good session this for Australia and just losing the wicket of Katich, would have been a perfect session had Katich not got out, but still pretty good effort this from Australia.

Ponting has been excellent, hope he turns this knock into a big, big hundred.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Really great stuff from Ponting. Things are fairly benign out there (not a total road, but not lively either) but given all he's copped about his record in India, the team being in an unusual position as underdogs and all the rest of it, as captain, it's been a great innings. Really felt like he was going to make a big one once he got through the new ball, too.

Always a danger of a collapse for an Australian team in India though, given how much difficulty Australian players without much experience in the conditions tend to have getting "in". Once you're set batting usually isn't that hard, but getting to 20 can be, especially with the spinners on.

Looking forward to seeing Hussey bat. I think that along with Lee and Clark, his performance in this series will be really crucial.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I hope every one shuts up on Ponting's poor record in India for good. I have always maintained that he has been successful in subcontinent and being poor in India earlier in his career doesn't take away from whatever he has done in his career; plus he has done well in Sri Lanka. A great batsman and he has shown it once again here.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
I hope every one shuts up on Ponting's poor record in India for good. I have always maintained that he has been successful in subcontinent and being poor in India earlier in his career doesn't take away from whatever he has done in his career; plus he has done well in Pakistan. A great batsman and he has shown it once again here.
I think you meant Sri Lanka.:unsure:

Boobidy

Banned
I can't believe Sehwag called Australia cheats.

Stood there appealing for his life when hayden pretty much let the ball go through to the keeper.