• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

howardj

International Coach
Here it is:

Ricky Ponting, Captain TAS 33
Michael Clarke, Vice-Captain NSW 26
Doug Bollinger NSW 27
Stuart Clark NSW 32
Brad Haddin NSW 30
Matthew Hayden QLD 36
Michael Hussey WA 32
Phil Jaques NSW 28
Mitchell Johnson QLD 26
Simon Katich NSW 32
Jason Krejza TAS 25
Brett Lee NSW 31
Bryce McGain VIC 36
Peter Siddle VIC 23
Shane Watson QLD 27

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
When is the side actually named? Krezja????? You can't be serious, surely.
Doesn't really justify with his First Class stats and realistically shouldn't be there, but I've always liked the look of Krezja TBH. On a pitch where finger spin is a genuine attacking weapon, I think he could really shine. He's quite an attacking bowler and gets more turn and bounce than any of the other finger spinners in the country.

Certainly more likely to take wickets in India than Casson, IMO.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Doesn't really justify with his First Class stats and realistically shouldn't be there, but I've always liked the look of Krezja TBH. On a pitch where finger spin is a genuine attacking weapon, I think he could really shine. He's quite an attacking bowler and gets more turn and bounce than any of the other finger spinners in the country.
Yeah I've always thought there was something about him too, even when he wasn't getting picked for NSW. Was always surprised. Not as surprised as I am that he's gotten picked, though!

Certainly more likely to take wickets in India than Casson, IMO.
Absolutely.

And yeah, agree with the Siddle love too. The guy has a bit of Craig McDermott about him.

Simon

Krezja is a bit of a shock. But from memory he's always had fans in high places. Remember there being talk of him being picked for a previous tour of India even before he had a played a First Class game because people liked the look of him. Tbh though his whole career thus far fails to suggest he's going to make any impact at test level. But who knows playing in India or turning pitches might give him a chance of taking some wickets.
McGain has to play though, no other option makes sense here.

Burgey

Yeah I've always thought there was something about him too, even when he wasn't getting picked for NSW. Was always surprised. Not as surprised as I am that he's gotten picked, though!

Absolutely.

And yeah, agree with the Siddle love too. The guy has a bit of Craig McDermott about him.
Guess I'm biased coz he left Fairfield and went to Blacktown when in Sydney :).

Re. Siddle's resemblance to McDermott - is he a ranga?

Also, 2 Victorians in the squad does not bode well....

pup11

International Coach
Harsh on Casson really.
True, really harsh on Noffke and Casson (in particular), i mean seriously all of Casson' criticisms aside, the guy picked 4 wickets in the only test he played and he also is the only spinner with a CA contract, so frankly speaking he hasn't done anything wrong to be dropped like this, i can't see what Peter Siddle and Jason Krejza have done to replace Noffke and Casson, i hope Casson takes this omission in a positive way and performs well for NSW this season, because i think he has the potential to serve Australia decently enough.

BTW, pretty disappointed at Symmo missing out on this tour, this certainly takes away some gloss away from this series.

Top_Cat

True, really harsh on Noffke and Casson (in particular), i mean seriously all of Casson' criticisms aside, the guy picked 4 wickets in the only test he played and he also is the only spinner with a CA contract, so frankly speaking he hasn't done anything wrong to be dropped like this, i can't see what Peter Siddle and Jason Krejza have done to replace Noffke and Casson, i hope Casson takes this omission in a positive way and performs well for NSW this season, because i think he has the potential to serve Australia decently enough.

BTW, pretty disappointed at Symmo missing out on this tour, this certainly takes away some gloss away from this series.
In the case of Siddle, he's performed when the pressure is on. Did well in the Pura Cup final last season and seems to lift when he's being watched. You want that in a player. Plus, he did bowl well when he got on the park (mostly against South Australia, the prick).

pup11

International Coach
http://content-gulf.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/story/369466.html

Didnt realise that Krezja was so bad - the guy really shouldnt be playing fc cricket let alone being picked for his country

As for Symonds, pathetic but expected.

I'd love to see him reel off some big scores in the Sheffield Shield whilst still being deemed psychologically unfit to play
How can you be so sure that Queensland would be too keen to have him in their squad when he is deemed psychologically unfit to play.

pup11

International Coach
In the case of Siddle, he's performed when the pressure is on. Did well in the Pura Cup final last season and seems to lift when he's being watched. You want that in a player. Plus, he did bowl well when he got on the park (mostly against South Australia, the prick).
But... still it was a bit harsh on Noffke who had such a gun season last year, anyways pretty shocked to see two Victorians in the squad.:ph34r:

Top_Cat

But... still it was a bit harsh on Noffke who had such a gun season last year, anyways pretty shocked to see two Victorians in the squad.:ph34r:
I think with Noffke, the selectors are expecting to see some regression towards the mean this year, if ya know what I mean.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Krejza? WTF are the Australian selectors on :blink: ? At least they picked McGain who definitely deserves to be their. A bit disappointed that Bracken isn't even in the squad IMO. Reckon his slow cutters could be very useful on the Indian pitches.

pup11

International Coach
Quietly tipping Dougie to be the next cult figure in Australian cricket tbh.
I think Bollinger really deserves some praise for the way he risen from being almost a fringe bowler at NSW to being in serious contention to be a part of the Australian test XI now.

pup11

International Coach
I think with Noffke, the selectors are expecting to see some regression towards the mean this year, if ya know what I mean.
I know what you mean, but if the Australian selectors weren't convinced with his efforts last season, then they shouldn't have picked him in the first place.