Cricket Player Manager
Page 101 of 761 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 11401

Thread: ***Official Australia in India***

  1. #1501
    International Coach pup11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    India
    Posts
    12,146
    Casson confident he can fight back.

    Good to see him not losing hope, if i would have been in his place i would have found the recent treatment by the selectors pretty hard to digest.

  2. #1502
    International Coach pup11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    India
    Posts
    12,146
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    And the assumption is that the winning side will bat first.

    In any case, overseas spinners and their woes in India. Since 1990 only two times have overseas spinners taken ten wicket hauls in India and both were by Saqlain Mushtaq.

    No one else.


    Why are they going with a spinner again?
    I don't think the spinner is being brought into the side with any real wicket taking expectations, i don't think they were even expecting McGain to pick too many wickets either, the spinners would be required to bowl tight overs from one end so that the work load can be eased on the fast-bowlers, and if the Aussies quicks are made to bowl all the overs among themselves, then i can see a few of them breaking down or getting tired rather quickly.

    White or Krejza are very unlikely do a decent job, but its something Ponting is trying more in hope rather than out of any real expectations.

  3. #1503
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,972
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    I don't think the spinner is being brought into the side with any real wicket taking expectations, i don't think they were even expecting McGain to pick too many wickets either, the spinners would be required to bowl tight overs from one end so that the work load can be eased on the fast-bowlers, and if the Aussies quicks are made to bowl all the overs among themselves, then i can see a few of them breaking down or getting tired rather quickly.

    White or Krejza are very unlikely do a decent job, but its something Ponting is trying more in hope rather than out of any real expectations.
    That's a real crappy reason for a world beating team to choose a player, not to mention a very defensive move that will likely backfire. Why can't a fourth fast bowler do it with help from some part timers? A spinner is going to have a hard time keeping it tight in India against that lineup anyway, since if the fast bowlers are keeping it tight, they'll go after the spinner to loosen the pressure and if they are doing badly, then spinner likely won't make it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  4. #1504
    Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
    Posts
    19,617
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBloody Idiot View Post
    Would take McGain over Patel. He's a bit ****.
    Was referring to Bruce Martin and Daniel Vettori itbt.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig


  5. #1505
    International Coach pup11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    India
    Posts
    12,146
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    That's a real crappy reason for a world beating team to choose a player, not to mention a very defensive move that will likely backfire. Why can't a fourth fast bowler do it with help from some part timers? A spinner is going to have a hard time keeping it tight in India against that lineup anyway, since if the fast bowlers are keeping it tight, they'll go after the spinner to loosen the pressure and if they are doing badly, then spinner likely won't make it better.
    Where are the part-timers mate, they haven't looked keen on bowling Katich and as for Clarke one should use him cautiously, as he has a history of back problems and last thing Australia want is to lose their best player of spin by loading him with a considerable bowling workload and wearing him out, White is **** with the ball but even if he fails with the ball, which he most likely would, then still atleast one can expect a few runs from him.

    On Indian tracks apart from maybe Mohali, playing four seamers is just not on, we saw Australia use four seamers in the practice game and they were virtually stuffed bowling all those overs.
    Last edited by pup11; 05-10-2008 at 11:10 PM.

  6. #1506
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,850
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    Where are the part-timers mate, they haven't looked keen on bowling Katich and as for Clarke one should use him cautiously, as he has a history of back problems and last thing Australia want is to lose their best player of spin by loading him with a considerable bowling workload and wearing him out, White is **** with ball but even if he fails with the ball, which he most likely would, then still atleast one can expect a few runs from him.

    On Indian tracks apart from maybe Mohali, playing four seamers is just not on, we saw Australia use four seamers in the practice game and they were virtually stuffed bowling all those overs.
    It seems inevitable that Watson will play, so also pick 3 specialist seamers and White

    The 3 seamers will probably need to bowl at least 50 overs per day between them, so that leaves up to 40 from Watson, Clarke White and Katich

    Assuming Watson is fit, he needs to bowl up to 15 of those (or else he's a part-timer whose spot cant be guaranteed on batting alone)

    That leaves 25 between Clarke, White and Katich or less than 3 overs per session each

    Timed right, they might get away with it even in the worst conditions

  7. #1507
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    13,024
    I'm backing Ponting for a blockbuster Test.

    He's like a bubbling volcano at the moment.

    Watch the larver go gangbusters from Thursday.

  8. #1508
    International Coach pup11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    India
    Posts
    12,146
    Anyways what's up Haddin, he came off the field yesterday due to some soreness in his fingers, it really is a concern if he has injured the same finger he fractured in West Indies, because it would make both batting and keeping really tough for him with such a injury or possibility of it always lurking over him.

  9. #1509
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,511
    *lava
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

  10. #1510
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Get Dave Hussey into the side, can never have too many Husseys
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

  11. #1511
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    13,024
    It was the perfect hit out for Punter - a nice, crisp half hundred.

    Not too few to erode confidence, but not too many so as to use up all his runs.

    He will be Ashes 2006 hungry.

  12. #1512
    International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    office
    Posts
    11,031
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    Anyways what's up Haddin, he came off the field yesterday due to some soreness in his fingers, it really is a concern if he has injured the same finger he fractured in West Indies, because it would make both batting and keeping really tough for him with such a injury or possibility of it always lurking over him.
    is there any back up keeper in the squad ???

    other than hussey
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

  13. #1513
    International Coach pup11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    India
    Posts
    12,146
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    It seems inevitable that Watson will play, so also pick 3 specialist seamers and White

    The 3 seamers will probably need to bowl at least 50 overs per day between them, so that leaves up to 40 from Watson, Clarke White and Katich

    Assuming Watson is fit, he needs to bowl up to 15 of those (or else he's a part-timer whose spot cant be guaranteed on batting alone)

    That leaves 25 between Clarke, White and Katich or less than 3 overs per session each

    Timed right, they might get away with it even in the worst conditions
    Yeah you are right, one more thing i would like to add is that its about time Watson stands up and delivers, he has been backed for ages by both selectors and his team-mates, so its about time he does justice to his potential.

    Watson needs to step-up as bowler and flush out all the injury concerns out of his mind, good tight overs from Watson would be crucial for Australia' cause and if he has been picked as an all-rounder he would also need to contribute like one.

  14. #1514
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,850
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    Anyways what's up Haddin, he came off the field yesterday due to some soreness in his fingers, it really is a concern if he has injured the same finger he fractured in West Indies, because it would make both batting and keeping really tough for him with such a injury or possibility of it always lurking over him.
    Took a nasty blow flush on that finger

  15. #1515
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    13,024
    Although, in Symonds' absence, Watson deserves to be in the team, I have reservations about him starting against spin. It will an absolute pressure cooker when he comes in with vultures around the bat.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ***Official*** Australia A and New Zealand A in India
    By adharcric in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 502
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 10:45 PM
  2. ***Official*** India in Australia
    By pasag in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 12920
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 06:04 AM
  3. ***Official*** Australia in India
    By TT Boy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 3179
    Last Post: 27-10-2007, 03:39 AM
  4. **Official** Australia in India Thread
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 4043
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 05:32 AM
  5. *Official* India in Australia Thread
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2652
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 08:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •