• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Well I think it was just a one-off trial, so we'll see, I guess. Did it work well, I didn't see any of the India-SL series?
Yep i thought it did. Solid system IMO.

Would be a big disespect by the ICC towards IND & SRI if the system isn't used again though.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, really hope it gets used again, not just to avoid controversy but because it'd be a backwards step otherwise, the SL-India series finally gave me some hope that unnecessary bad decisions were finally going to be gotten rid of/minimised. Can't imagine Ponting using it very well though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Jakester, you're a terrible bloke, but that's pretty decent for a twelve year-old. I do hope that in the future, time and maturity will reflect themselves in your cricket writing ability. :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It is a good article especially for just a 12 year old, but it really does feel a little recycled - it didn't stand out in any way.

howardj

International Coach
No news from your spies about the composition?
lol

...as a matter of fact they tell me that McGain, Casson, Katich and Watson are definitely all in. Also, they tell me that Bollinger and Noffke will fight it out for the last pace bowling spot.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Jakester, you're a terrible bloke, but that's pretty decent for a twelve year-old. I do hope that in the future, time and maturity will reflect themselves in your cricket writing ability. :)
Jake's cricket posts are great value IMO. One of the best young CC posters we've had on here in my time I reckon. Has been overlooked somewhat due to the unnecessary stuff with spinksy, that isn't really going on now.

Jake, hope you stick with us here at CW as I reckon you might well turn out to be an awesome poster.

howardj

International Coach
My spies tell me (even before CA announce it) that this is the team:

Matthew Hayden, Phil Jaques, Ricky Ponting (c), Michael Hussey, Michael Clarke (vc), Simon Katich, Brad Haddin, Shane Watson, Brett Lee, Stuart Clark, Mitchell Johnson, Jason Krejza, Doug Bollinger, Peter Siddle

Casson dropped, Siddle and Krejza in, and Symonds obviously out.

EDIT - McGain is in too

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
My spies tell me (even before CA announce it) that this is the team:

Matthew Hayden, Phil Jaques, Ricky Ponting (c), Michael Hussey, Michael Clarke (vc), Simon Katich, Brad Haddin, Shane Watson, Brett Lee, Stuart Clark, Mitchell Johnson, Jason Krejza, Doug Bollinger, Peter Siddle

Casson dropped, Siddle and Krejza in, and Symonds obviously out.

EDIT - McGain is in too
Interesting to know what Noffke did wrong.

Casson too for that matter.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Noffke probably didnt wear his tie to a function or something

Casson wasnt up to it

Whilst Siddle looks the goods, he's young

The jury is still out on Bollinger

Both the spinners will fail miserably IMO

Unless someone produces something out of the box, Lee and Clark aside, batsmen will be lining up to score runs

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Flatters to deceive, from what I've seen. I know all the QLD'ers will point out his stats but sometimes, you can just tell whether a bloke will be up to it in making the step up. I get the feeling he was picked as a reward for his form but was never really in contention.

Surely shouldn't have been picked in the first place?

Top_Cat

Supposed to be named today.

Great quote the other day about Yuvraj from his Dad;

""It's his destiny that he will play and do well in Test cricket. Sher ka baccha ghaas nahi khata (The son of a lion doesn't eat grass)."

Haha, now we see where he gets his sense of entitlement from. Not to mention under-achievement if you have a look at dear old Dad's FC career.....

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/india/content/player/36078.html

Burgey

Supposed to be named today.

Great quote the other day about Yuvraj from his Dad;

""It's his destiny that he will play and do well in Test cricket. Sher ka baccha ghaas nahi khata (The son of a lion doesn't eat grass)."

Haha, now we see where he gets his sense of entitlement from. Not to mention under-achievement if you have a look at dear old Dad's FC career.....

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/india/content/player/36078.html
Thought his sense of entitlement might have been passed on by Sourav tttt.
It was really surprising to see Yuvraj's demeanour in the test series here. I don't know if there were some issues with team mates, or if he had some personal matters distracting him, but for a player who has been so dynamic in other forms of the game, he frankly didn't seem that interested.
I'd think he'll be a different prospect should he play in the tests at home. Maybe he's unsure of his role and how to play - can happen when someone who's a cracker at one form is put into tests.

Top_Cat

Thought his sense of entitlement might have been passed on by Sourav tttt.
Ganguly performs. :)

It was really surprising to see Yuvraj's demeanour in the test series here. I don't know if there were some issues with team mates, or if he had some personal matters distracting him, but for a player who has been so dynamic in other forms of the game, he frankly didn't seem that interested.
I'd think he'll be a different prospect should he play in the tests at home. Maybe he's unsure of his role and how to play - can happen when someone who's a cracker at one form is put into tests.
Yeah he's a great shot-player but he looked very tentative. Was almost sad to see balls ripped past his bat by Hogg. A FC average in the low-40's in FC cricket tells you a bit about how often he strings together scores, as well as the fact he's only played 77 matches in over 10 years of FC cricket yet over 200 ODI's.