• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your replacement for Andrew Symonds - Tests

Your replacement in the Test team for Andrew Symonds

• Total voters

Craig

World Traveller
So if, and I guess likely, Andrew Symonds does not go on tour to India, who would you pick to replace him in the Test team? Do we look at another all-rounder, or we go back to Hodge or Katich can keep his spot? Or how about some player to get picked out of no where?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Just out of interest, what is Watson's Test record like?
Has really only played the two tests, one against Pakistan (IIRC) and the other against the West Indies at Brisbane, which he dislocated his shoulder in fielding at mid-on the over after he got Gayle. His only other test was against the World XI in the "Super"Test.

Code:
[B]Batting[/B]
Mat  	Inns  	NO  	Runs  	HS  	Ave  	BF  	SR  	100  	50  	4s  	6s  	Ct  	St
3 	4 	0 	81 	31 	20.25 	212 	38.20 	0 	0 	8 	0 	0 	0

[B]Bowling[/B]
Mat  	Inns  	Balls  	Runs  	Wkts  	BBI  	BBM  	Ave  	Econ  	SR  	4w  	5w  	10
3 	4 	186 	123 	2 	1/25 	1/25 	61.50 	3.96 	93.0 	0 	0 	0
His FC record however, is excellent.

Code:
[B]Batting[/B]
Mat  	Inns  	NO  	Runs  	HS  	Ave  	BF  	SR  	100  	50  	4s  	6s  	Ct  	St
62 	107 	14 	4377 	203* 	47.06 			12 	20 			48 	0

[B]Bowling[/B]
Mat  	Inns  	Balls  	Runs  	Wkts  	BBI  	BBM  	Ave  	Econ  	SR  	4w  	5w  	10
62 		5757 	3379 	112 	6/32 		30.16 	3.52 	51.4 		2 	1

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Wow, didn't expect his FC Batting Average to be that high, thought he was a 50:50 allrounder for some-reason, rather than a batting 70/80:30/20, which is what it looks like.

pup11

International Coach
As far as credentials as an all-rounder is concerned i think Watson is an obvious replacement for Symonds in test matches, Watson' FC record with the bat is very impressive and he can be more than handy as the 5th bowling option, but having said all that, as an Aussie supporter and Watto fan, i am still not sure how will his body hold up in the longer form of the game especially in tough Indian conditions, but still i would gamble with him in the first test, but if he gets injured or something than i would bring in Katich, he has been in superb form and he plays spin well too, and he can occasionally bowl decent overs of spin too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Surely it will be Watson. I'll be interested in seeing how he goes, purely because of how much I've seen him hyped up on CW!

Craig

World Traveller
Robinho looking good for to get Baggy Green no. 402 for mine, going by the poll results thus far...