• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Guardian article on the spreading of cricket

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting article and if it is you in the pic then that is pretty cool. :)

The article title is accurate though given the content of the article this thread title would be more appropriately named "The Guardian article on the spreading of Sri Lankans" :)

Last edited:

dro87

U19 12th Man
actually i'm the one at the end of the article,.my name is Leandro
The guy in the pic is Shan my club team mate, started playing for Italy this year.. really good prospect (ah btw he's 86)

Well your right about the fact that it's mainly played by immigrants, but lots of second generations (italian born and passport holders) who are and fell 100% Italian start playing the game here so are totaly home grown-- So it feels ungenerous speaking only of sriilankans, cos its really hard to spread a sport like cricket in a country that thinks only about football.

Craig

World Traveller
Wow, interesting article, I am all for reading about cricket in developing countries. Where in Naples would they play? I assume outside the actual city though?

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
This article does a lot to explain how Italy have been the surprise team in a couple of recent events. Good luck to them, especially when those second gen. players start coming through.