Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The Twenty20 Cup in England

Pinball Champion!
    Originally posted by Mr. Ponting
    hows it tacky?

Just the fairground atmosphere, and gimmicky schemes that are so obviously trying to get kids into the game...

My point is, if kids need to get their face painted or go on the bouncy castle, are they going to sit through a day of Championship cricket, of course not.......... and thats the object , right?

And the token "camp" announcers drive me insane
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

International Vice-Captain
    hey! facepaint is not just used in twenty20, it's used everywhere!

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Originally posted by Jacques Rudolph
    Just the fairground atmosphere, and gimmicky schemes that are so obviously trying to get kids into the game...

My point is, if kids need to get their face painted or go on the bouncy castle, are they going to sit through a day of Championship cricket, of course not.......... and thats the object , right?

And the token "camp" announcers drive me insane
    Hey, I'm the geriatric. Should be me saying "Did you see what he just did? Dsgusting. Good garden stuff, it's not cricket (another Pimm's, vicar?)"

I shouldn't criticise just kids for not sitting through a day of championship cricket. I went to Taunton a couple of years ago and if there were 400 there that was pushing it (and that crowd looked big compared to how many there were at Derby a few weeks ago)
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Rich, if 2% of the kids who have come to these Twenty20 matches are converted then it's succeeded.

I was walking around under the backs of the stands at Trent Bridge on Saturday during the Atomic Kitten 'concert', and it was incredible to see the amount of kids, of all ages and backgrounds,
    just playing with bats, windballs and tennis balls against the walls and wire fencing. Also, Surrey coach Keith Medlycott's four-year-old son, who rolled a windball into my foot :P

I have to admit I was a little sceptical that it might just go the way of CricketMax, but I'm sitting here now typing this wearing a Twenty20 Finals T-shirt, and have been fully convinced that this has been an unbridled success.

I thoroughly enjoyed the entire finals day (except the results), and some of the hitting (Ali Brown and Alex Gidman in particular) was stunning to see. James Ormond's incredibly good spell of seam bowling in the final also proved that it isn't just a slog-a-thon and there's still a place for traditional "values" in the game.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar
    Well Done Surrey

PY
    Originally posted by Neil Pickup
    Also, Surrey coach Keith Medlycott's four-year-old son, who rolled a windball into my foot :P................................................ ..............................I'm sitting here now typing this wearing a Twenty20 Finals T-shirt and staring at the windball which I stole from that poor kid who by relation is involved with Surrey County Cricket Club
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    You make me sound like a bigoted exploitative fascist

I just kicked it back to him (obviously this was before I realised that he was Medlycott's son :baddevil:, that was after watching the C4 highlights) - but I would have done the same no matter..

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information