• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

An English Ending

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
An English Ending

Michael Vaughan recently resigned as England Captain. In a manner typical of the English in sports he did not go out on a high, but that does not mean there weren't any. We take a look at the highs and lows of Michael Vaughan's captaincy.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Superb article. Thinking of following it up with an article about Pietersen's captaincy potential in the next week or so. Thanks for giving me a platform to work from. ;)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Excellent stuff mate. Really, really well written IMO. The only glaring omission is not mentioning how Vaughan's captaincy success relied so heavily on the nefarious use of mints to secure the Ashes in 05. :ph34r: It gets a cursory mention but not the full, 18 page analysis it deserves!!!!!!!

Never forget - I won't.......

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Excellent stuff mate. Really, really well written IMO. The only glaring omission is not mentioning how Vaughan's captaincy success relied so heavily on the nefarious use of mints to secure the Ashes in 05. :ph34r: It gets a cursory mention but not the full, 18 page analysis it deserves!!!!!!!

Never forget - I won't.......
You've forgotten the use of sneak-thieves to swap Jason Gillespie for some identical double without the bowling skills.