• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"HANSIE" Movie!

Best Cricket Based Movie?

• Expecting Hansie (English, South Africa)?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
So "Hansie" the movie made on the life of the legend "Hansie Cronje" had its teaser out on www.hansiemovie.com & I loved it. Ill defenetely watch the movie. Who else is waiting to watch it?

Which other player or nation should have a movie made on them?:cool:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So "Hansie" the movie made on the life of the legend "Hansie Cronje" had its teaser out on www.hansiemovie.com & I loved it. Ill defenetely watch the movie. Who else is waiting to watch it?

Which other player or nation should have a movie made on them?:cool:
I, for one, am firmly in the "never forgive C****e" camp.

I'd rather like a movie made on Basil D'Oliveira. As long as it was done well.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
The synopsis.

Against the backdrop of the contrasting faces of modern-day international cricket, the well respected South African cricket captain, Hansie Cronjé, will face his toughest test.

Hansie captains the South African side during their re-emergence into the world sporting arena. Under his leadership they become the world’s best team within four years, knocking Australia off top spot. Hansie’s easy smile, confident attitude and upright lifestyle make him a much loved public figure, especially in South Africa, but also throughout the cricketing world.

Then the rumours start. Recordings from Hansie’s phone are released to an Indian newspaper and a distraught Hansie, after denying the rumours for a week, writes a fax that will send shockwaves around the world. What began as a flirtation with Indian bookies becomes an international furore. Hansie confesses to having taken money from the bookmakers in exchange for information on cricket matches. The result: a commission of enquiry into match fixing, with Hansie as the central figure.

After a public confession where Hansie is shamed before the entire world and banned from cricket for life, he begins the long and difficult road back from despair to the place of forgiveness and restoration.

“The legacy of a hero, the story of a man.”
What a freakin' joke.

franscronjé
PRODUCER / SCREENWRITER

Owner of Global Creative Studios, Frans Cronjé has been in multimedia production for 6 years. His vision, and that of Global Creative Studios, is to tell stories that will inspire and motivate people to live their lives to their full potential in a way that is relevant to every nation, every family and every generation in the world.
Gee, this won't be a sycophantic production now, will it?

Top_Cat

I get the feeling this would be slated for a South African release only. Or at least I hope it will because if it sees the light of day anywhere else, it'll ring about as true with other audiences as The Hurricane. The synopsis is true hilarity.

Top_Cat

The synopsis.

What a freakin' joke.

Gee, this won't be a sycophantic production now, will it?
Well, it IS his brother and he has every right to make any damn movie he wants. He just shouldn't be surprised when he's (rightly) pillored for making this movie.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Julian Wiggins the Welsh music composer who is perhaps best known in South Africa for his film score for Mr Bones is at it again, this time composing multi faceted music for the Hansie film. He is taking the movie to the sound studios in Abbey Road, London where much of the orchestral cues will be recorded.
Hmm, interesting choice. I thought music by John Denver would have been apt...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not a fan of "Leaving On A Jet Plane"? Or "Thank God I'm A Crooked Boer"?
Alternatively the could call the movie "Full Leather Jacket"?

There is a decent story to be told here, but this version just smacks of denial at best and revisionism at worst. If the snippets are a fair indication, anyway.

Last edited:

Uppercut

At best, Cronje can be depicted as a good man who grew to be horribly corrupted. Like Macbeth.

Alternatively, he can be depicted as the scum of the earth, a deceitful, obnoxious man who drew others into his web of sin through his continued misdeeds. Like Jafar from Aladdin.

The one way he can not ever be depicted is as a hero. He just doesn't have the build to be considered for a role as Superman.

Majin

International Debutant
At best, Cronje can be depicted as a good man who grew to be horribly corrupted. Like Macbeth.

Alternatively, he can be depicted as the scum of the earth, a deceitful, obnoxious man who drew others into his web of sin through his continued misdeeds. Like Jafar from Aladdin.

The one way he can not ever be depicted is as a hero. He just doesn't have the build to be considered for a role as Superman.
:laugh:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
“The legacy of a hero, the story of a man.”
Is there really anyone, anywhere, (other than his grieving brother) who actually thinks that Hansie left "the legacy of a hero"?

Anyhow, sit back, enjoy your popcorn and watch history being rewritten

Top_Cat

Could be all just a clever marketing plan; I'd see it purely to determine if it's as vomitous as it sounds!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Owner of Global Creative Studios, Frans Cronjé has been in multimedia production for 6 years. His vision, and that of Global Creative Studios, is to tell stories that will inspire and motivate people to live their lives to their full potential in a way that is relevant to every nation, every family and every generation in the world.

If this is what they think they can do with a story on Cornje one is amazed at how shamelessly brazen some people can be.