• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Touring Pakistan in the future

Days of Grace

International Captain
Will any team apart from India and maybe Sri Lanka tour Pakistan in the future?

I don't see Australia or New Zealand touring Pakistan for a very long time.

How is it possible that Pakistan can keep it's commitment on the future tours programme?

What is the future of Pakistan cricket?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

How is it possible that Pakistan can keep it's commitment on the future tours programme?

-No

-It' can't

-Bleak

SJS

Hall of Fame Member

I don't see Australia or New Zealand touring Pakistan for a very long time.

I understand the concern but it is much more important to ask What's the future of Pakistan?

That unfortunate country is going through a very critical period in its history and if not handled properly (by all stake holders) the slim ray of hope or reversal from slipping into darkness can be lost. This is no doomsday scenario. I say this as a lifelong well wisher of Pakistan.

Cricket, by itself, is of very little consequence in whats happening in that country right now.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I understand the concern but it is much more important to ask What's the future of Pakistan?

That unfortunate country is going through a very critical period in its history and if not handled properly (by all stake holders) the slim ray of hope or reversal from slipping into darkness can be lost. This is no doomsday scenario. I say this as a lifelong well wisher of Pakistan.

Cricket, by itself, is of very little consequence in whats happening in that country right now.
Agreed

When reading your comments, I was also half watching Bhutto's widower commenting upon the situation in the country at present

Allowing for the fact that he is campaigning for President and hardly has an unblemished record himself, one cannot help but have concern for the country's future if half of what he says is correct

Ahmed_Tariq

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Agreed with both of you, social and SJS. :dry: Pakistan is currently going through such a crisis that believe me, it hurts to say this, but the future of Pakistan cricket looks very bleak indeed.

If Zardari becomes the next President of Pakistan, matters can get even more worse. As SJS very rightly said, what matters currently is the future of the country itself, not of the future of the cricket in the country.

pup11

International Coach

As usual wonderfully said by SJS, Pakistan as a country needs to fix its political problems first, and if that happens cricket would automatically get back on track.

Beleg

International Regular
umm this thread isn't about the future of pakistan but the future of pakistan cricket. those of you eager to drag the state of the country (in a general manner of speaking) into this should go and start a thread in general chat.

brockley

International Captain
Pakistan will have to play cricket in off shore venues,reality of life,

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
umm this thread isn't about the future of pakistan but the future of pakistan cricket. those of you eager to drag the state of the country (in a general manner of speaking) into this should go and start a thread in general chat.
But, as has happened with some other cricketing countries in the past, the politics and general circumstances of the country are now having an unavoidable impact on the country's cricket.

Here's hoping the situation improves, or else the lack of quality international touring teams will figure pretty low on the list of the problems of the people of Pakistan.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Agree with those saying Pakistani cricket cannot be divorced from the rest of the country - same as in Zimbabwe - and that if cricket in the country is to have a future then other issues will need to be resolved. And clearly, such things are not going to be easily achieved.

The likes of me can clearly do little to help and can but hope.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i have said it before and i will say it again... the main problem is politics and politicians.. pakistan is ruined by to goble distractive things.. politics and extremest.. not only pakistan.. afghanistan and i am seeing the same future with Iran as well.. the solution is what Turkey did.. gather all these politicians and extremists in a cricket staduim and blow the staduim with bombs and rockets.. that is when pakistan will be free from all these problems..
i mean take a look at this.. the same losers, murderers, theifs and opperssor politicians like nawaz sharif, zardari and soo on is back and trying to run the country..i have to say pakistanis should think about the future of pakistan let alone the cricket of pakistan..cuz with them running the country you never know what will happen with poor civillians.

Xuhaib

International Coach
i have said it before and i will say it again... the main problem is politics and politicians.. pakistan is ruined by to goble distractive things.. politics and extremest.. not only pakistan.. afghanistan and i am seeing the same future with Iran as well.. the solution is what Turkey did.. gather all these politicians and extremists in a cricket staduim and blow the staduim with bombs and rockets.. that is when pakistan will be free from all these problems..
i mean take a look at this.. the same losers, murderers, theifs and opperssor politicians like nawaz sharif, zardari and soo on is back and trying to run the country..i have to say pakistanis should think about the future of pakistan let alone the cricket of pakistan..cuz with them running the country you never know what will happen with poor civillians.
We have to give chance to democracy in Pakistan, i know these politicians are all corrupt but it takes time for a democratic system to develop these faujis are no angels they have to be stopped from meddling in the internel affairs of the country and be send back to their orignal job. The polticians are corrupt now but there is no other alternative atm. We have to stick to democracy give it sometime to mature sooner or later we will see the positive changes as better people will crop up and replace the current lot.

Precambrian

Banned
Sad state of affairs. However if Pakistan is able to find another Imran Khan, there will be renewed interest in cricket by the people, translating into feel-good for conducting matches there.

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
the solution is what Turkey did.. gather all these politicians and extremists in a cricket staduim and blow the staduim with bombs and rockets.. that is when pakistan will be free from all these problems..
Right...because a military dictatorship is the perfect solution for Pakistan. Those have worked out so well in the past right?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
What will happen come 2011 if Australia or England or New Zealand happen to end up in the 'wrong group?

Seriously someone at the ICC has to make serious moves to get the Full members to start trusting each other enough to allow World cricket to function otherwise these differences will be the death of cricket as we know it.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Right...because a military dictatorship is the perfect solution for Pakistan. Those have worked out so well in the past right?
not exactly but if you r thinking that low life politicians like nawaz sharif, asif zardari and soo on can do better for pakistan then don't even get your hope soo... politicians has never done anything to this world and what makes you think that nawaz sharif, and zardari can do better for pakistan..