• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia A and New Zealand A in India

Flem274*

123/5
Look, we take nothing away from the New Zealand A team, but just looking at how the whole match unfolded suggests it was a terrible scene. I can name a few A-team matches (as an Indian fan) that the Indian A team lost, but were still good. This wasn't one of them. The presence of a Test regular and a Test reserve in the Indian A team, and (yet) the Indian A team losing, the lack of media coverage of the match (bar Ganguly) and total ignorance of the one good performer (Mishra) from the Indian team, all of these don't make for good reading. Not to mention what it may have done to Ganguly in the lead-up to the Test series.
Er, what are you trying to say?

You're saying that this was a poor match that India A lost because:

Ganguly played

RP Singh played

Lack of media coverage

Ignorance of Mishra

Ruined (possibly) Ganguly's confidence

Media aside, an A team game that includes fringe test players and two test players (Ganguly and Redmond) that need form sounds like a good game to me. Both teams would be reasonably strong, which does make the media look stupid but thats hardly a global first, so the game sounds like a good one to me. There are negatives for India, but that comes with losing, especially if you were the favourites (NZ are getting a pretty decent dose of falling from grace now).

Good tournament imo, roll on the next one. A teams do alot of good imo.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hardly see how it's a poor game merely because good players are selected and the media ignore it. Don't see how that has any relevance to the quality of the match at all.