• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Champions Trophy Postponed

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hahahahahahha, ICC dodging the issue once again. Is Pakistan still the host? If so, we're going to be bored witless with the same tired bollocks next year.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
I wonder if postponed will turn into postponed indefinitely...

No loss as far as I'm concerned.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
We don't want to lose this event, do we? That's possibly the only serious ODI tournament outside the World Cup, and anything involving the team that won the World Cup.

99*

International Debutant
The ICC remove another problem without any hesitation, in a quick efficient manner like they always do. :dry: Wonder how long until the BCCI just demand to host it themselves. (To prepare for the WC of course :unsure: )

pup11

International Coach
This is just pathetic, ffs ICC needs to stop sitting on the fence, i mean what' going to change so dramatically in Pakistan in a duration of one year, that hasn't changed in decades, the teams that have reservations over touring Pakistan now, would have the same problems even after a year, so how does this decision solve the problem at all.

YankeeAlpha

Cricket Spectator
Yet again us Pakistani fans get starved of seeing Pakistan play some MEANINGFUL international cricket..wat r the odds that Pak hastily arrange some meaningless 10 match odi series with hong kong and the likes..the perils of being a Pakistani supporter....

howardj

International Coach
Hahahahahahha, ICC dodging the issue once again. Is Pakistan still the host? If so, we're going to be bored witless with the same tired bollocks next year.
Just to clarify, the venue for next year's postponed tournament has yet to be decided upon.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What are you talking about, the English domestic season reaches its climax in September! :ph34r:

Ahmed_Tariq

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sucks, really. I was really hoping forward to the Champions Trophy being held in Pakistan. :@ And yeah, I don't think it possible for Pakistan to host the Champions Trophy even in 2009, sadly. :unsure:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
This is just pathetic, ffs ICC needs to stop sitting on the fence, i mean what' going to change so dramatically in Pakistan in a duration of one year, that hasn't changed in decades, the teams that have reservations over touring Pakistan now, would have the same problems even after a year, so how does this decision solve the problem at all.
Not just that. The next Champions Trophy is due in 2010. So are we going to have two of them in two successive years ? All because shifting to another venue would have deprived Pakistan of their 'hosting rights' ??

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Do you think that's an inconsequential issue?
Its not inconsequential but it is not more important than the tournament itself.

Pakistan could swap with the next host for example and we do not have the farce of two tournaments in two years when already it is felt that Champions Trophy is too frequently held.

Suppose, God forbid, Pakistan situation is worse next year. What will they do then? Hold two tournaments in 2010 ?