• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trescothick in cheating revelation!

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Did you like my explosive thread title? Anyway its about this story here. Probably the worse kept secret as to why England suddenly started reversing the ball so much. But to actually see MT come out and admit it is a bit of a shock. I'd have thought he would have saved it for his Biography! :cool:

Thoughts?

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
"I was firmly established as the man in charge of looking after the ball when we were fielding," says the 32-year-old in his new autobiography.
Aha! I must have missed that bit on first passing. I guess now he's retired from International cricket theres not much the ICC can do about it?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sucking sweets isn't against the rules. Neither is shining the ball using saliva. It's one of the most obvious loopholes in the rules of international sport.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Absolutely no revelation at all. I remember Trescothick diving to field a ball in a home series pre-2005 (can't remember which at all) and a handful of murray mints coming out of his pockets.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I bet the demand for Murray Mints from cricketers all over the country just went through the roof. :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I bet the demand for Murray Mints from cricketers all over the country just went through the roof. :p
Yeah ? I believe in Pakistan there used to be a jeweler manufacturing rings with small crowns of soda water bottles welded on them :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Didn't Simon Jones come out and deny this, and get really pissed off when Bracken suggested this was true?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha yeah its probably better to let the fast bowlers think they're all doing it themselves. Good for their confidence. Ignorance is bliss after all.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't Simon Jones come out and deny this, and get really pissed off when Bracken suggested this was true?
Yeah, that's the real story here. People came down hard on Bracken on this forum for it as well. Turns out he was right...

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, that's the real story here. People came down hard on Bracken on this forum for it as well. Turns out he was right...
Yeah exactly, guys who dared suggest that this was going on got slammed. Whether it was responsible for the swing or not, it was denied as going on at all.

Although, it would appear that Tresco was responsible for keeping the shine on the new-ball with the mints. This doesn't explain the reverse swing unless someone else comes out and says it was their job to do that.