• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hello to everyone who has taken the time (!!) to come into the CTCC forum, I hope you find it useful, interesting, and productive.

Hope, anyway.

While you're here, I suggest you check out "Devil Ducky's Diary" in the Cricket Chat forum. Not to be missed by anyone with even a passing interest in UK & World cricket.

Enjoy!

PY

International Coach
Wow Caistor Town has made the big time :D. This happens to be my club every now and then too. Hope people from the club actually come on to this because I know people who can.

:lol: at your question, can't wait for an answer.........

PY

International Coach
I can answer that, unfortunately we got relegated last year :(. So now we are in the 1st Division.......

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Technically we're relegated into the Lincolnshire League Premier Division, and are pushing for the title.

Last season we were in the V Sports Lincolnshire ECB Premier League, but won twice.

Lloyd

Caistor Town Cricket Club Moderator
Thats good, i've only just noticed this, and i'm supposed to be moderating it, specially since am joint administrator with Neil of the caistor.play-cricket website. Thanks for all behaving :D

Oh well, eh..

Hi everyone again, btw, haven't posted for ages, exams an'all..

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Technically we're relegated into the Lincolnshire League Premier Division, and are pushing for the title.

Last season we were in the V Sports Lincolnshire ECB Premier League, but won twice.
At the rate at which superlatives are being added to league names (I'm sure that soon we will have an 'ultra superduper premier' league) you will have to get relegated 8 times to make it into division 1.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
So Neil, are they desparate enough to play you regularly?
I played my first game in eleven months last night :D

Batted at number 8 (score was 130/5) and didn't bowl :)

We won though :D

Lloyd

Contributing 1 run less than me.. Not out though.

And you were going to go out without a helmet on.. I'd've paid good money to see that.

It was excellent to see the throwing arm is as dreadful as it was last time i saw it.. Granted, I throw like a girl (no offence meant), but you really are something else. :P

Rich2001

International Captain
Lloyd said:
Contributing 1 run less than me.. Not out though.

And you were going to go out without a helmet on.. I'd've paid good money to see that.

It was excellent to see the throwing arm is as dreadful as it was last time i saw it.. Granted, I throw like a girl (no offence meant), but you really are something else. :P
Good to see the team get on well with each other and offer much needed support at the right times ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Lloyd said:
You really are something else. :P
I thought I was too, until I saw some of the throwing on show at Signhills this morning.

Granted, they're 11-year-olds, but still, 4 yards is awful..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rich2001 said:
Good to see the team get on well with each other and offer much needed support at the right times ;) ;) :lol: :lol:
It is Neil though Rich - the staff are as supportive of him on here! ;)

Rich2001

International Captain
Talking to Neil earlier today he tells me Caistor Town will play Notts (who Kent destoryed today ;) ) in a benifit match a week on Sunday (I think).

Rich is taking bets on the caranage, that will no doubt happen! (opps sorry match result)

Lloyd

Yeah, next Sunday, at Caistor Cricket Club. Notts are fielding a strong side, it'll be Twenty20 format, only with a lot more runs i would imagine. The action starts at 2.30, bar open all day, etc etc.. Anyone who lives vaguely nearby ought to come down and support Wayne Noon's Testimonial year, entry is by programme, which costs £2.50.
The game should feature Notts' overseas players, Daniel Vettori and Chris Cairns.

*End of shameless plug* :P :P

Seriously, though, anyone who fancies coming down ought to, it'll be a real good day, and you'll get to meet Neil!!

Hmm, i really didn't sell that at all well.. :D