• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome

Lloyd

Caistor Town Cricket Club Moderator
Your club must be pretty woeful.
Though i respect your opinion, i disagree. We play on the best wicket in the area, and the pitch on the whole is superb.
We run four senior teams at weekends plus a Midweek side, and run four junior teams at U17,U15,U13 and U11 level.
If anything, we have problems getting enough players to do the club justice, as although we always fulfill our matches, we often have to call up Juniors who possibly aren't ready for senior Cricket.
To be honest, if we are able to cater for a testimonial that a number of First XI county players are willing to come to, we can't be all that bad. Maybe its not that impressive though..

This year's David Fulton? Let's hope if he keeps this form up he gets a fair crack at Test Cricket. Anyone but that Key fella!!!
Unfortunately, i don't think he will. Its always the case that someone will have a great season (Loye a few years ago, Fulton..) but the selectors won't pick them. Although i wouldn't be surprised to see a few 'lesser' names on the Bangladesh trip.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Best wishes for this weekend's game. Unfortunately I've got a bowling match, otherwise I would have popped over.

Swanny

School Boy/Girl Captain
wow discussion on the Caistor site. i suspect there could be carnage on sunday, i fully expect to be posted deep long off around nettleton area somewhere i think. as for the batting well god help us all.I mean seriously though this could be a farce, how are we even going to see the ball let alone hit the thing. Agree with Llyod though, as clubs in england go, Caistor is pretty good, and as English wickets go its not far from perfect. Except when wet of course.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
You say it's good, but with the description you gave previous to that, i'm not so sure

Swanny

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ok i was having a bit of fun, i'd have thought even in text form it would be easy to spot that, (nettleton is a town around 3 miles away!, easy to spot even without knowing that i was messing about). Anyway it is a decently run club with good facilities and frankly if you don't think so well i won't be losing sleep. Seems odd to comment on something like this though to be fair.O well...

Craig

World Traveller
Well next time I am in Caistor Town, I will pop over and have a look for myself. Dont worry, if you must leave, I will give plenty of warning :lol: